• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pompnewbie

Master
    Let me start this story out to say my wife has a strong dislike for Glocks due to an indecent that happened before we met, and since then she wouldn't hold, shoot, or even consider glocks..

So decided to take the family to the range today, and its been awhile since my wife went.. so we get all set up and she starts shooting her EDC a S&W MP Shield in 9mm. As she is shooting I notice all her shots are all over the place to the point of me asking what was wrong?
    She said she was not sure what was going on.. I had just loaded up a mag for my Glock 17, and told her to try shooting it just to verify that it was her and not something related to her gun.

Well...

Anyone have a Glock 19 or 26 they want to trade? LOL

Target.jpg

Attachments

• Target.jpg
      Target.jpg
      390.8 KB · Views: 337

SAWMAN

Master
    Some time ago when my wife wanted to get her CWP I tried to get her into Glocks. Then it was the 26. Later it was the 42 when I could get one for $319 at Jimmy's.

She could shoot both,but the FTF drills and the jam clears were non-existant for her. Long story of trying to push and shove her into Glocks that failed. So would caution that just because someone can shoot a firearm,fits their hand properly,is pretty,is cute,etc,etc ... sometimes ... will NOT be the proper CCW gun for them.

My wife now carries a 5 shot snubby and loves it ..... although it is not too damned pretty. --- SAWMAN

Riverrat

Shooter
    Let me start this story out to say my wife has a strong dislike for Glocks due to an indecent that happened before we met, and since then she wouldn't hold, shoot, or even consider glocks..

So decided to take the family to the range today, and its been awhile since my wife went.. so we get all set up and she starts shooting her EDC a S&W MP Shield in 9mm. As she is shooting I notice all her shots are all over the place to the point of me asking what was wrong?
    She said she was not sure what was going on.. I had just loaded up a mag for my Glock 17, and told her to try shooting it just to verify that it was her and not something related to her gun.

Well...

Anyone have a Glock 19 or 26 they want to trade? LOL

View attachment 30436

Was there something wrong with the shield? Reason for asking is that is what my wife owns and will be her EDC when she receives her license.

Pompnewbie

Master
    No problem with it, she readjusted her grip and tightened her groups right up. I doubt I will get her shield away from her. I just wanted to share her first glock moment.

Seanpcola

Pomp, did she have trouble racking the slide? That's my wife's problem, just about anything but a .22 semi auto is too strong for her.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    there are exercises for that Sean!

Seanpcola

I know Frank but she's just really lost muscle over the last few years due to various issues. We tried a lot of things, even went to Mike's one day and experimented with just about every pistol there. I think she's just gonna stick to wheel guns and an AR, she can charge those no problem.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Sorry, was trying to be cute, of course you carry what is best for the individual.

Seanpcola

Nothing to be sorry for. It's just that watching her trying to rack a slide back and the muzzle going all over the place ..........concerned me. Better something she can control at all times.

SAWMAN

Master
    Complicated ?????? Here is what I feel that the problem is with females and firearms(specifically pistols,all makes and chamberings). This I say with the utmost respect for females.

When I used to teach almost exclusively women the "problem" that I most found was "too damned complicated". For a pistol --> loading and unloading of the mag -- inserting the mag the right way and especially a fully loaded mag -- racking of the slide ESPECIALLY when the pistol was pointed in a safe direction. This using the overhand and the slingshot. -- Lining up sights even to hit COM in a man sized target at 15 yds. -- The FTF and jam drill were terrible. -- Where to carry a reload(extra mag). -- And finally getting over trying to be macho and the "man" that their husbands wanted them to be.

After several years what these ladies taught ME was ..... it is pretty hard to teach a lady the pistol. Revo .... not so hard. Finally I got a lady to help me teach and things got better but not great.

Husbands --> do not attempt to get the ladies to shoot a chambering that is above their level of competence to handle recoil. Remembering that they should train with the weapon that they carry. My belief is to the tune of 200rds over several years. They will surely not want to do this with a 12.5oz gun shooting full power 357Mag ammo. They may try,just to please you,but ...........??

Do not be ashamed,afraid,dismayed,bummed out,etc,etc, if they end up with a 22mag,32H&R mag,or 38Spec wadcutter gun. Hey,they are carrying aren't they. Be proud of them. --- SAWMAN

Jeb21

Master
    Beretta tomcat has a tip up barrel for easy loading. Having said that my girls seem to like revolvers better than pistols. The exception is that my 5 foot nothing daughter can shoot the tar out of my Beretta 92.

Pompnewbie

Master
    Pomp, did she have trouble racking the slide? That's my wife's problem, just about anything but a .22 semi auto is too strong for her.
    Sean she used to have a problem when she tried to grip the slide with two fingers and rack it, and she also tended to ride the slide forward.. Since I have her swapped over to the overhand grab (she gets more purchase on the slide) and does a push-pull and release to allow the slide to slingshot forward.
    I need to work with her on FTE/FTF drills, but she is coming along well.

SAWMAN

Master
    Added weight to a "moving mass". Watch out for FTF's and FTE's. PLUS ... IMO ... that's just silly. --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    typically use to charge a weapon when you have a scope mounted so that you cannot charge in a normal way, but hey for a girl in a purse it is an option.

SAWMAN

Master
    Soooooo ...... your sayin ' you put it on and take it off every time you want to manipulate the slide. Even more silly. What .... in a gunfight you wear it on a string around your neck. Maybe in your top shirt pocket,like Barney,right next to your only bullet. Or ....... ? WHEW !!

And .... where/how is your left hand positioned on the weapon while you are hooking up and trying to stick your finger inside that hole at the rear of the slide. Would this not tend to allow you,indeed almost force you,to ride the slide home ?? ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom