• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MAXman

Master
    I've found that with mine, if she likes the pistol she has better luck manipulating it. If she dislikes it, suddenly the slides too stiff and the trigger too heavy.

For example, She can load, charge, and has shot both a 1911 and our third gen 39's. She, however, couldn't do anything with a walther p99. Despite the slide being noticeably smoother and the trigger lighter than the smiths.

Not saying your women Would do the same, but with mine, if it isn't visually appealing, she will sabotage the test.

helo_hunter

Expert
    Sean,
    I have my students who do not have a lot of upper body strength work the slide in the "Core" area - about 3 or 4 inches in front of the sternum with the gun pointed down range and the student facing along the firing line. Using the heel of the hand and finger tips to gasp the slide and a normal grip on the grip, push each hand away from the other hand.
    If that doesn't work, try a Walther PK380 and if that doesn't work, revolvers are the answer.
    Jeff

Seanpcola

Hey Jeff, we tried that. Personally, I think it's psychological on her part sort of as someone mentioned earlier. She was carrying a .22 rifle since she was a kid as her dad wouldn't let her go trail riding on her horse without it. She's comfortable with rifles but generally she just doesn't like pistols other than that POS S&W 22A I bought her a long time ago. I need to get a .22lr revolver and let her run it at the range some, maybe it'll loosen her up. If I could figure a way for her to CC her AR then I would just leave it at that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom