• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My dad standing beside the Clark 880. Biggest skidder in the world back then (circa 1989). Just got finished scrapeing a fire brake for IP. My dad brought me lunch. This machine would jerk anything out of the ground.
    They are mainly used in Norway,Sweeden,Finland for twitching huge tannenbalm trees that get 10-15 feet at the butt. --- SAWMAN
    20210804_173149.jpg

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My dad standing beside the Clark 880. Biggest skidder in the world back then (circa 1989). Just got finished scrapeing a fire brake for IP. My dad brought me lunch. This machine would jerk anything out of the ground.
    They are mainly used in Norway,Sweeden,Finland for twitching huge tannenbalm trees that get 10-15 feet at the butt. --- SAWMAN View attachment 126778
    I bet that's a hoot to operate...almost as nice as my Bobcat T-190 (wink, wink)

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Me and my operator Dana (RIP) hammering ledge for a house frost wall with a CAT 320, outside of Bath, Maine and halfway to Phippsburg, on the banks of the Kennebec River. I had a CAT 311 on that job for piling up what he was hammering
    20191106_171220.jpg

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Caught many nice strippers off Ft. Popham. One was 52lbs IIRC.
    Nothing would sink the Clark.We just had to be "blessed" by LURC and DEP just about anywhere we went.
    Winched myself DOWN ledge a few thmes. That is always a pucker factor. You gotta check the 3/4" winch cable and both drum brakes and we had to have the foreman sign off on usage for this purpose.
    We often used one of these machines as an anchor point for high line logging. The company owned two 880's.
    Younger mans fun times with toys included. Then - - -> I got my guides license and had to do some real work. ---- SAWMAN

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    It's a picture of a picture, so hard to tell, but that's me on the left. I had a full beard and weighed about 30 pounds less. We built a "live bottom" culvert as a bridge across a swamp in Topsham, Maine. There was a beaver dam right there before, and all the tree huggers were concerned. There's about 3 feet of 4" minus underneath me there, wrapped in a bathtub of fabric and floating on mud. Next we put in a gas main and a water main and a forced sewer underneath a two lane blacktop... right over the top of that culvert... with nothing but mud as a foundation. Surrounded by huge rock walls on both sides, bank to bank. Building rock walls is fun! All that hard work putting in a new road to a new neighborhood, and I can't hardly find a good picture of it on the internet. I helped build every house foundation and every road and all the utilities for every house you see in this picture, and 3 times more that's off camera
    Screenshot_20210805-034910_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210805-031646_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE OPERATING HEAVY EQUIPMENT !!
    At one point in my life,just after retirement from the NAV, I operated a 966 loader with 12yd bucket (one well rounded load would fill a dump truck) and a D8 sized dozer. Fun stiff. POWER IN THE PALMS OF YOUR HANDS. Listening to them twin turbo's spooling up. The raw power. Must be like flying a high performance aircraft.
    Tried running an excavator ... could never really get the hang of it so the boss put me on the Clark. BEAUTIFUL !! ---- SAWMAN

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE OPERATING HEAVY EQUIPMENT !!
    At one point in my life,just after retirement from the NAV, I operated a 966 loader with 12yd bucket (one well rounded load would fill a dump truck) and a D8 sized dozer. Fun stiff. POWER IN THE PALMS OF YOUR HANDS. Listening to them twin turbo's spooling up. The raw power. Must be like flying a high performance aircraft.
    Tried running an excavator ... could never really get the hang of it so the boss put me on the Clark. BEAUTIFUL !! ---- SAWMAN
    Yeah we got loaded with 966's at the plant. Biggest dozer I ever got ahold of was a D6. I had a 930 in the quarry that was mine all mine I'd fight ya for it :)

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Ha! I found my quarry and my old 930 and a D3 on Google Maps. This satellite photo is several years old, before we got the D6. The grubbings pile I sunk the dozer in hasn't even been started yet. The pit full of water at the bottom of this picture is about 100 feet deep, and these piles you see either side of Evergreen I built and they are about 50 feet tall in this picture

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210805-043349_Maps.jpg
      Screenshot_20210805-043349_Maps.jpg
      779.8 KB · Views: 95
    Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Another set of rides.Top Of The East.East Kennebago Mt. Extreme western Maine.
    This is about 18 miles from the N.H. border and about 26 miles from Quebec. ---- SAWMAN
    774.jpeg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom