• ...and so much more!
  • Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have a Trijicon RMR that needs to go back now...lens came out

A T2 is around $800...It would work fine on an $800 rifle

you do have me considering changing the optic on my SBR.

Time an instructor is getting peoples gear up and running if they can takes away from fire time.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have 4 rifles that have a more expensive scope than the gun costs. One guns scope was over 2X what the gun itself costs.
    I have a Burris RT-6 and a Redfield Accurange. The rest are Leupold and up. I do not own a scope that has a larger than 50mm objective. I own 3 Zeiss and a Swarovski. Also a Kahles. But by far mostly Leupolds. --- SAWMAN

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Time an instructor is getting peoples gear up and running if they can takes away from fire time.

This is the problem when you run a class and a couple people's systems are problematic.

You simply can't get through a drill w/o having to stop and fix something. Some get A LOT of reps in clearing malfunctions, but it's not fair to others who have to put up with it.

I've got to where I'll exercise patience at first, and then just give them my rifle to finish out the class. I bring spares just for this reason.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I really need to make it a point to attend one of your rifle/pistol courses. I've been in classes where my stuff has had hiccups and I've watched other rifles/pistols "give up the ghost". I'm sure it's taxing on an instructor to constantly adjust the cadence of the class.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I really need to make it a point to attend one of your rifle/pistol courses. I've been in classes where my stuff has had hiccups and I've watched other rifles/pistols "give up the ghost". I'm sure it's taxing on an instructor to constantly adjust the cadence of the class.

Would love to have you. We have a great time during class and especially afterwards when we grill out and socialize. To me, the post class activities are the best part of giving/hosting classes.

RickG

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I run Aimpoint PRO and EOtech 512 on my rifles.
    Never had a PRO go down.
    I had an Eotech go down before but that was after 4 years of hard uses almost weekly and it was one of those pre 2014 units w/o the product improvements.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    I've always run the holosun for the shake awake feature. The aimpoints you have to turn on. With all these new crazy battery life's they have I'd take it you can leave them on and be good to go?

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I run Aimpoint PRO and EOtech 512 on my rifles.
    Never had a PRO go down.
    I had an Eotech go down before but that was after 4 years of hard uses almost weekly and it was one of those pre 2014 units w/o the product improvements.

IMO the PRO can't be touched as far as price and performance is concerned.

We have about 150 in service on our patrol rifles... ZERO issues.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    I enjoyed reading through these posts, some wisdom to be found for sure. Ironically, my experience has been mostly the opposite. I've personally seen several EO Techs and Triji's fail, while well used Holosuns truck along. Only recently have I myself started using optics and much more understand the value of cowitnessed sights. I picked up my particular "service rifle" because it had a red dot cowitnessed on very low profile irons. Optics are totally worth it, no argument there. But it is nice knowing that if my red dot caps out because of ol Murphy looking down on me, I still have trusty HK diopters to keep me going.

RickG

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On this note I picked up a Eotech XPS 2-2 at a pawnshop the other week.
    Price was $315 plus tx. I am confident it is not a fake one.
    However it was production date Sep 2014 so it will likely have received the product improved seals but the other product improvement to hold zero under extreme temps. That was in 2015 the year after so it wont have that.
    And of course anytime you buy a electrooptic thats 7 years old you incur some risk.

Still, I felt it was a worthwhile purchase.
    Its rare to find those at pawnshops.

I accept the PRO is more robust that the EOtechs.. and I field a few of Aimpoint PROs, on my spare rifles and also on my Nightfighter.
    But its widely accepted the reticle of the EOtech offers better performance w/ regards to speed of acquisition compared to a red dot, and the fine 1 MOA dot in the middle make longer ranged shots easier than the 2 MOA dot in the Aimpoint.
    Plus I suffer some astigmatism which is really helped by the 65 MOA ring in the EOtech

Top Bottom