• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I enjoyed reading through these posts, some wisdom to be found for sure. Ironically, my experience has been mostly the opposite. I've personally seen several EO Techs and Triji's fail, while well used Holosuns truck along. Only recently have I myself started using optics and much more understand the value of cowitnessed sights. I picked up my particular "service rifle" because it had a red dot cowitnessed on very low profile irons. Optics are totally worth it, no argument there. But it is nice knowing that if my red dot caps out because of ol Murphy looking down on me, I still have trusty HK diopters to keep me going.

RickG

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On this note I picked up a Eotech XPS 2-2 at a pawnshop the other week.
    Price was $315 plus tx. I am confident it is not a fake one.
    However it was production date Sep 2014 so it will likely have received the product improved seals but the other product improvement to hold zero under extreme temps. That was in 2015 the year after so it wont have that.
    And of course anytime you buy a electrooptic thats 7 years old you incur some risk.

Still, I felt it was a worthwhile purchase.
    Its rare to find those at pawnshops.

I accept the PRO is more robust that the EOtechs.. and I field a few of Aimpoint PROs, on my spare rifles and also on my Nightfighter.
    But its widely accepted the reticle of the EOtech offers better performance w/ regards to speed of acquisition compared to a red dot, and the fine 1 MOA dot in the middle make longer ranged shots easier than the 2 MOA dot in the Aimpoint.
    Plus I suffer some astigmatism which is really helped by the 65 MOA ring in the EOtech

Latest posts

Sponsors

shroud
    3rd Coast

Members online

Top Bottom