• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    New build coming right along, all parts ordered and received or in the mail.

The key is the ARP 16" barrel 11.25x5 groove melonite coating, a Delton upper, MI gen 2 SS OD 12" handguard, Magpul CTR OD buttstock, Badger Tac. Latch, ARP port door, MCD MD. This will go on my Spikes lower w a RRA 2 stage match trigger w an OD Egro grip.

I have an Aimpoint 9000L and a Vortex Strikeforce red dots to choose from or I may scope it w a Leupold VX-R

I moved my current 6.8 over to a NFA lower for now and am using that until the upper is delivered...Pics after that!

Clay

Master
    Nice! I got my TWO lowers today!! woohoo.... I also ordered the SOTA =) so, I'll have a 6.8 and 7.62x39....what's wrong with that!!! lol...

1956_4x4

Expert
    My MI SS Gen I handguard (had a hard time finding this one...) arrives tomorrow and the optics arrive Thursday. I broke the upper down this evening and plan on putting everything back together with the new parts tomorrow evening. I hope to be breaking it in soon.

Smitty

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Steve you are a nut! LOL

Smitty, I am having a guy build and test fire it in Houston so all I have to do is pin in on my lower, I got no tools, vise or real work space.

1956_4x4

Expert
    I guess it doesn't get much easier than that. Like I keep telling you though, if you ever need the tools you know where they are...

This build will be my first using an adjustable gas block. I couldn't find the low profile block that I usually use, so I picked this one up just to finish the build. I went with the UBR stock again too. It has worked out well on the Wulf and I figured it would help balance everything out.

I'll send you some pics when it's all together. I'm hoping to have it done tomorrow night if everything goes as planned.

Smitty

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Well this guy is someone I know and he does it for $50 and test fires it also, well worth it to me in case there is a problem.. It took me 2 mos or more to get your spanner wrench back, I am a bad risk! I do appreciate it though and need to come over sometime and see your area, maybe we could build something!

1956_4x4

Expert
    Getting the wrench back wasn't your fault. It was a case of getting both of our schedules to meet up.

I finished this upper tonight. I had to tweak it a bit to fit the new gas block, but everything went together the way it was designed. The optics will come in tomorrow.

Smitty

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    You are coming right along, all my parts are there or on the way, he test fires too so I am expecting another week...then hit the range after I decide on the glass to put on it.

joe

Master
    This thread is just a tease with out pictures. No more talk without pictures. JK

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    OH shit I never posted PICS! anyway was at the range today, 50 more rds down the tube, 100 or more total. Very accurate, more than I am and a pleasure to shoot!

PICT0375.jpg

100_0152.jpg

100_0151.jpg

PICT0373.jpg

Last edited:

1956_4x4

Expert
    Nice ejection port cover!

Smitty

1956_4x4

Expert

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Yeah that is H, ARP's skull spelling 68 on one side and 6.8 on the other, they are an add when you buy the barrel.

6.8 SPCII Delton Upper, ARP 16" Scout barrel,DD BCG full auto, MCD MD(ARP), Spikes Lower RRA match trigger, MI Gen 2 SS OD 12" handguard, Magpul OD CTR Butt stock, Ergo OD grip, Redfield 3-9x40, Burris xtreme Xtall mounts.

Thanks Guys

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Looks good Frank. Still waiting on mine. Talked to Ben couple weeks ago and changed mine to Side Charging Upper. He said it would actually ship quicker. Should be getting close.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    JP, that is the only thing I wish I has gotten, maybe after all this settles down.

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    Im soooooooo jealous. Im still waiting on my 6.5 grendel upper to arrive. I ordered it aprox 3 mths ago. Hope to get it soon.

Top Bottom