• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This is my Magnum Research Lone Eagle. It is chambered in 243Win and has a 16" bbl with brake. It is a rotating breach style gun similar to some cannons. It wears a Weaver 2-6 pistol scope in Warne rings.

I have shot groups of 2 inches at 100yds with this gun. I use handloaded 85gr Nosler Partitions. With the weight of the gun and the very efficient brake the recoil is very manageable. This gun is super fun to shoot. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 665f_2.jpg
      665f_2.jpg
      58.3 KB · Views: 265

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    No sir,it came with the gun. It is normally a 14" bbl and the brake was added at the factory. Unknown what brand it is. I suspect that it is the MR brand. --- SAWMAN

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes sir, it is sweet, remember the remington 221 fireball, it didn't get that popular down here. They were very accurate.
    Sawman, what part of Maine did you guide in, I am from Presque Isle , way up near Limestone AFB. Northern Maine Woods is a wild place to hunt, but the deer are not as thick as they are here, but twice as big. Sometimes you would go the whole season and not see a shooter.

ted-hurst

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I always wanted a Lone Eagle and finally found one in .308 and love it, but I will be investing in a muzzle break. I thought my Mosin M44 had a nice kick but this is even more fun. I've also changed the scope to a Simmons Gold Medal and like Sawman said they are accurate.

Ted

imagesCA6OQ8KE.jpg

Attachments

• imagesCA6OQ8KE.jpg
      imagesCA6OQ8KE.jpg
      7.2 KB · Views: 243
    Last edited:

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    like the brake Sawman , this is a little 8 point I took with mine in Jones Swamp back in the day . like Ted's it is also a 308 cal
    8 point3.jpg

Attachments

• 8 point3.jpg
      8 point3.jpg
      169.3 KB · Views: 217
    Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    MH, lemme tell ya,if i was gonna do it all over again I would get a Competitor pistol. Kinda the same only more to like. Better trigger,tons more chamberings,better safety system,etc,etc. Taka a look at there site. You"ll fall in love.

f&s, tell Stan that yessirree they do. I would reccomend the 10" bbl version WITH the grenade launcher. He can redily find the grenades over at PFF(ask for Splittine,he'll fix you right up). --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Ben Ghazi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    mine is not bad to shoot at all and I can do it one handed with no problem. I use the 150 Grain Ballistic Silvertip's and is no loader than a rifle although I suspect the brake will give more of a report. took 4 deer with it the first year I had it

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Those give the true name Wrist Rockets HUH?? Nice hardeware gents, Now I regret letting a 221 fireball get past me for 300.oo a couple years back from a friend cleaning out his old stuff to puchace new... What a mistake,, I like the looks of those one shot stoppers. WHo or where is the best place to start looking for a good brake system? My neck an shoulder dont hold up to the long guns as well anymore now days,,, olecarver

Top Bottom