My first variable power scope, wish me luck!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I recently purchased a new in the box Barska Plinker, 3-9x scope from a member here on GCGF. (Thanks, FrankT!).
    Technically, I guess it's a used scope, but you couldn't tell by looking at it.
    I have always used fixed power scopes in the past, my hunting style lends itself more toward them. (Small game, shorter distances, large field of view, quick acquisition, etc.). But, the opportunity presented itself, and I'd hoss-traded my last scope, leaving my squirrel rifle with no sights whatsoever!

Since yesterday was the first day in July my house hasn't been rained on, I had to turn my yard into a lawn tractor rally course with my 7-year old granddaughter, (She drives better than Grandma, but I ain't sayin' a word...) and then mow it after she went home.
    Today, I am looking forward to reducing my rimfire ammo stash before dark, and zeroing this puppy in. I have to get my Rossi back into shape for squirrels.
    Wish me luck, and thanks again to Frank and GCGF!

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Looking forward to squirrel season myself. My grand daughters love eating squirrel, and cleaned me out of the last of last season's 28 squirrels. I've been invited back to the same farm this year (I was asked to come as the squirrels were causing too much damage). I have a few at my farm, but nothing like at this other farm.

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well, I just walked back in the house. I think I have a setting for the distance I like to shoot at, Didn't even burn up much ammo, although the single-shot does prevent that, most of the time.
    I would post a picture of the target, but I tore it up with my .38 and some SWC's and shotshells, just to make sure it still worked.
    Good luck with your squirrels this fall, Daezee, and thanks again for the deal on the Barska, Frank.

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    P.S., I also encountered more than a few bugs, including some skeeters with napkins and steak knives. All this rain is gonna make a buggy hunting season, if I may say so.
    Be careful!

Top Bottom