Target Sports

My daughter is looking for a hand gun that will fit her hand/ size? Suggestions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Offbody carry is garbage.
    A J-frame for a new shooter is garbage.

Glock 42. Small and soft shooting.

Glock 43 or shield 9mm if she can carry something a little larger.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Have her take her CCW class first! She should be able to handle a few different examples during the class and make a more informed choice! (I taught the FL CCW classes in Pensacola, Navarre, and Gulf Breeze for several years.) I always had a few examples of revolvers and semi-autos for the students to examine so they could make an informed decision. Just my .02 worth!

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    Friend of mine carries a Kimber Raptor 2 fullsize in her purse. Less snappy than a subcompact that she cant grip well. Purse strap across her chest. Hand in the purse walking to her car.

SGT58

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My wife (before she passed away) went to Gander Mountain and held every compact gun they carried and came away with the Sig 238 because it fit her hand and was so easy to rack the slide. She was same build as your daughter. Guns are like shoes. They may look good but if they don’t fit they’re not very effective.

candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey folks. My daughter wants to buy a hand gun that she can carry in her purse and that will fit her size. She's about 5'2" and weighs in at 119 lbs. Nothing to powerful but able to stop a bad guy. Suggestions?
    PS: She is going to get her permit asap.
    S&W airweight or chiefs special. 38 spl. 5 shot plus p. 158 grain defense loads. Light, simple, Safe, and will get the job done. Hogue grips make it feel secure. And, Crimson trace makes a nice grip laser for it.
    Good luck.

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Why not get her to take a class that offers a lot of difference hand guns to try be fore you buy and also has in the class how to pick what will work best for her and not get some thing that some one else is saying is best for her, are trying to sale. in other word yet her pict some thing that she will feel best with. Your are going at it backwards . I have this all the time and when they get to a class they find out they can't make it work . Just my 5 cents jj
    My wife did this just as jj suggested and she found the perfect gun that works best for her and is extremely happy with the results. She ended up picking the Springfield XD 9mm. I would have never thought that but that's what she picked and shot the best with and loves the feel of it. If she is happy then who am I to question it. jj has great advice!!

Top Bottom