• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Yesterday evening, I picked up my BRN-180 forged stripped lower from my FFL. Upon getting it home, I immediately began assembling the lower receiver. Finally, I have a complete BRN-180.

Upper Assembly:
    BRN-180 AR-15 16" 223 Wylde Upper Receiver Assembly

Lower Assembly:
    BRN-180 Forged Stripped Lower Receiver
    MCX/MPX Minimalist Folding Stock (Black)
    CMMG Lower Parts Kit
    LaRue Tactical MBT-2S
    TangoDown BattleGrip (BG-16)

Optic/Sights:
    Vortex Optics Crossfire 2 MOA Red Dot Sight
    Midwest Industries Combat Rifle Folding Sight Set

001.JPG
    007.JPG
    011.JPG
    014.JPG
    012.JPG

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Amazing set up. I’m jealous now. I have that same pistol grip on a few of my pistols and love it. How do you like the buis? Seems small compact and sturdy. I’m in the market for a new set so any input would be appreciated.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Amazing set up. I’m jealous now. I have that same pistol grip on a few of my pistols and love it. How do you like the buis? Seems small compact and sturdy. I’m in the market for a new set so any input would be appreciated.

This is the second time I have used the MI Combat Rifle Sights on a build. I really like them.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Well, here I am again, envious of Tackleberry. Great stuff as usual sir!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Gaterbaitii

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nice build. How would you compare the MI sights to the KAC ones in terms of functionality and build quality?

they look like a close clone of them

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nice build. How would you compare the MI sights to the KAC ones in terms of functionality and build quality?

they look like a close clone of them

The MI sights are as robust as the KAC and very simple in function, not to mention a mere fraction of the cost. I also like the fact that they are low profile when folded. They are not really a close clone of the KACs. They are very different.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Does the lower come with the pic rail for attaching the SIG stock or is there an adaptor you have to obtain?

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Does the lower come with the pic rail for attaching the SIG stock or is there an adaptor you have to obtain?

The rail is part of the forging.

1590345511281.png

The BRN-180M (billet) lower is the same way.

1590345713682.png

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I'm gonna build one of these at some point. Very cool. Needs some waffle mags!

Brownells already produces 20-round waffle magazines.

The original AR-180 used magazines very similar to the standard AR-15/M16 magazines. They never had waffle magazines for the AR-180/AR-18.

Reactions: FLT

Gaterbaitii

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    The MI sights are as robust as the KAC and very simple in function, not to mention a mere fraction of the cost. I also like the fact that they are low profile when folded. They are not really a close clone of the KACs. They are very different.

Awesome, they look great and remind me of the KACs, for the price they are definitely a winner

If your bored in the future, that would be cool to do a side by side comparison to some KACs

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Brownells already produces 20-round waffle magazines.

The original AR-180 used magazines very similar to the standard AR-15/M16 magazines. They never had waffle magazines for the AR-180/AR-18.

Oops, I could swore I saw a 180 with the waffle mags, must have been an AR14. :)

Ambi cuts on those 180's ?

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Awesome, they look great and remind me of the KACs, for the price they are definitely a winner

If your bored in the future, that would be cool to do a side by side comparison to some KACs

I want to correct and clarify something. The MI Combat Rifle Sights do resemble the standard KAC 300M Folding or Folding Micro rear sight and the Folding Micro front sight, but not their Folding or Micro Folding 200-600M rear sight and M4 front sight. The LMT 5.56 Emperial rear sight does mimic the KAC 200-600M rear sight. As far as the LMT Emperial front sight, the design is different from that of KAC. I have a set of LMT Emperial BUISs on one of my ARs. They are pricey, but not as much as KAC. I also have the KAC 200-600M rear and M4 fornt sights on my M4A1 Block II clone. The MI Combat Rifle Sights are a bargain compared to the KAC. Besides having these on this BRN-180, I also have a set on another one of my ARs.

LMT Emperial sights:
    4E1vkCd.jpg

5YdEoZi.jpg

KAC 200-600M Micro rear sight:
    K6OjUcH.jpg

KAC M4 front sight:
    5ycMDT6.jpg

Gaterbaitii

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    I just noticed you did this review. I’m glad that you like it.

by chance do you have an original AR-180 and could compare? I have a chance possibly to get a nice Costa Mesa one for the collection As I would not shoot it much if I did get it due to parts availability. So your build looks real enticing.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I just noticed you did this review. I’m glad that you like it.

by chance do you have an original AR-180 and could compare? I have a chance possibly to get a nice Costa Mesa one for the collection As I would not shoot it much if I did get it due to parts availability. So your build looks real enticing.

I do not have a real AR-180. I wish I did. I tried to buy one off a guy at a gun show last year, but he was to proud of it and the price reflected that. FOr me, it would be more of a collection piece and rarely ever get shot. The BRN-180 is a really nice shooting weapon. The 2nd Gen BRN-180 uppers have undergone a few upgrades and is also not offered in .300BO in addition to the .223 Wylde.

Top Bottom