• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kennethpyburn

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well had quite the adventure. Hiked in a ways. Set up camp next to a stream. Dealt with rain, snow, hail, and sun. Wind blew down the tent a few times, once at night in a storm. Note: if you have a seek outside tipi make sure you use big long tent pegs (not the ones that come with the tent) in the wet spring when the ground is soft. Saw elk, deer, wolf tracks. Didn't see a soul for the first 2 days. Eventually saw a beautiful bear, but she had 2 cubs with her. We went to bed with them about 150 yards from the tent. Found and ate some morel mushrooms. It was a fun adventure (although felt a little nervous at times, mostly because the tent was a little unstable) with the wife and the packgoats. We will keep going here and there. I have only shot 1 bear, I am hopeful it will happen

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    A bad day in the woods beats a good day in the office, envious of your adventures !!!!!

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well had quite the adventure. Hiked in a ways. Set up camp next to a stream. Dealt with rain, snow, hail, and sun. Wind blew down the tent a few times, once at night in a storm. Note: if you have a seek outside tipi make sure you use big long tent pegs (not the ones that come with the tent) in the wet spring when the ground is soft. Saw elk, deer, wolf tracks. Didn't see a soul for the first 2 days. Eventually saw a beautiful bear, but she had 2 cubs with her. We went to bed with them about 150 yards from the tent. Found and ate some morel mushrooms. It was a fun adventure (although felt a little nervous at times, mostly because the tent was a little unstable) with the wife and the packgoats. We will keep going here and there. I have only shot 1 bear, I am hopeful it will happen
    There wasn't any Long Pole Pine Trees in the area Y'all camped at during your adventure? Even using a "Seek Outside" Tipi, Original Tipi makers used to select Long Pole Pines to construct their Tipi's. I'd double check what sex Bruin is available for harvesting within that area, eventually a Male will track down sow when she's not with cubs. Now if your photo shooting a Bruin it's one thing, but if you plan to skin and eat it Pilgrim:

Top Bottom