• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    An A2 or Battlecomp except for the ones I suppress and they are 51T Brakeouts and Blackouts. No complaints with any of them.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is your desire out of a muzzle device? Do you want a flat shooter? Do you care about flash? Are you concerned about length? Are you concerned about side blast? Do you want to mount a can to it? Cost?

I've used and or demoed the following.
    A2 (Does a decent job reducing flash and muzzle rise slightly)
    Battlecomp (Mildly concussive to the shooter and those around. Almost too good of a comp, on my KAC SR-15 it feels like I have negative muzzle rise. Same length as a A2. Is expensive at $150.)
    BCM Comp (Great and keeping muzzle flat without any concussion over a A2. No rearward recoil compensation though.)
    Surefire MB556K (Flatest and softest brake I've ever shot. No concussion to the shooter. Consequently the loudest to someone next to it and its quite bright at night. Its a long brake. Costly at $150.)
    Smith Vortex (Best flash hider on the market. Makes an annoying ting sound from the tines when shot)

If your wondering about flash and concussion Vuurwapen Blog just did a series of tests on flash and sound that was quite interesting.
    http://vuurwapenblog.com/2013/10/03/ar15-muzzle-brakeflash-hidercompensator-comparison-part-1/
    http://vuurwapenblog.com/2013/10/05/ar15-muzzle-brakeflash-hidercompensator-comparison-part-2/

Top Bottom