• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Here's the deal. I have 12 unopened cases of MRE's. These are from Hurricane Ivan so they are somewhat old. I ate some a couple of years ago and they were good. These are the ones with the heating packets for the entree's and they worked great also. I used to keep some in my boat for hunting on the river.

If you are familiar with MRE's you know that they contain(besides the entree)stuff that you can use practically forever. Food stuffs that are independently sealed in their own foil wrappers,waterproof matches,hot sauce,TP,candy,gum,etc,etc.

Total,there are 12 cases of 12 meals(some different)each. 144 total packets of meals ... all unopened,in unopened cases. Make sure that you understand,these MRE's are NOT GUARANTEED. They are somewhat old,however I have found from past experiences,that they last a REALLY,REALLY long time.

I want to trade ONLY ---> three Mag-Pul 10 shot 223/5.56 mags,new,in wrapper. That's it. Three mags for 144 MRE's. First "I'll take the deal",followed by a PM gets it. This deal will be FTF at my house in Cantonment. You MUST pick these up within two days or they will go to the next in line. NO EXCEPTIONS !! If you can't abide by these rules,please don't even respond. --- SAWMAN
    EDIT TO ADD: Traded/Gone ---- Thank you sir -->

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Eat too damned too many of these and you'll get fat and fugly. That is what happened to me.

You got 'em. I'll PM you my phone number. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Yeah,super high in carbs. After three days (or so) with nothing but MRE's I would feel like I swallowed a bunch of peach seeds. A few at a time never hurt me though. I'd always have a pack or two in my boat for hunting. Another couple under the seat of my truck also. You can also use the heat packets to heat up anything,not just the supplied entree's.

I swear the old fashioned C-rations and K-rations(VN era) were better as far as the exit from the body went. --- SAWMAN

Seanpcola

I ate a bunch of them after Ivan. We were moving so fast and working so hard I think it balanced out. And onto confession: I liked most of them.:behindsofa:

SAWMAN

Master
    I used to carry them in my truck all the time when I hunted Eglin. One afternoon I found a guys deer dog that was about three miles out of the dog hunting zone(s). I put him in the pen at the corner of RR211 and RR213 and gave him some water.

He looked extremely hungry so I heated up one of the Chile con Carne entrees and fed it to him. Always wondered if he exploded or what. --- SAWMAN

Just Dave

Marksman
    I swear the old fashioned C-rations and K-rations(VN era) were better as far as the exit from the body went. --- SAWMAN

The LRRPs were even better than the MREs. But I will follow you up that the C-Rats were one helluva lot better than a Meal Refused by an Ethiopian (MRE).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

Apparently my uneducated palate is easy to please. Those MREs tasted decent when I was just working out in a remote location. If I had ever been deployed in a real world military situation I would have been happy as a hog in slop.:hungry:

Just Dave

Marksman
    The older I got, the more I found out, that the vegetarian MREs was all I could keep down. Even with Tabasco. Probably my fault trying to eat one after a hard night of drinking and then going out on a fire mission at zero dark thirty. Man, those were the days....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyandscuba

Master
    I brought half a dozen or so cases of the hurricane Ivan era MREs with me up here to Alaska. Since I can get fresh ones through local sources - I carry these decade old ones in my truck and hand them out to panhandlers at traffic lights "working the sign"... If they are truly homeless and hungry - they will eat these and taste just fine!

shootnstarz

Master
    I still have a bunch of cases back in the closet, and a bunch of bottled water. I'm sure if some one was hungry enough they would taste great. I liked most of them except the turkey, that one is gross.

As for the old C-rats, the only times I ate them was when I was starving so tree bark would have been delish. There was just enough chow in the box to piss you off. And remember trying to eat a John Wayne bar when it was freezing, it's a wonder any of us kept our teeth through that.

The old guys always took some extra chow to the field with them, I should have taken that hint.

Rick

Seanpcola

My point exactly. ^^^^^^^ When I'm hungry enough my food preferance list gets way longer.

Not that it's short in the first place.:whistle:

Welldoya

Master
    Back in the early 70s my Dad was in the Air Force and we were stationed overseas. They used to have sales at the warehouse on base and sell all kinds of good stuff including C rations. Dad used to buy a case of 12 boxed meals for something like $2. Each box had a can of something like beef stew or spaghetti and dessert like a can of cake or fruit cocktail. Then there was the little package with TP, gum and cigs.
    I used to travel around over there a lot and would take C rations with me. IIRC, they were packed almost 20 years earlier and were fine.
    Seems kind of weird opening up a can of pound cake but it was really not bad at all.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    For all you old guys. What cigs were in the C-rats ?? And how many ?? I remember Chesterfield Kings and about 4 others. All of the different brands were unfiltered IIRC. ---- SAWMAN

Members online

Top Bottom