• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Hey guys. Been on and off the fence of buying a suppressor for like 2 years and I think I'm gonna finally do it. I'm interested in recommendations for a 3-lug suppressor with the main goal being the most quiet. Been reading a lot about the GSL Phoenix. Does anyone have other suggestions or imput? Thanks!

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    FWIW, YMMV etc etc...

For a PCC/sub gun, I don't mind the extra weight of a larger and or more robust can. Unless you've got an "in" on pricing for the GSL stuff there are, what I would consider, better options out there. With the HUB mounting, getting a 3 lug on any current generation can isn't going to be an issue but also watch out for accessory pricing because it can make a good deal much less so if you didn't do any planning. If you haven time, see if you can get together with some of the local NFA guys and shoot a few different options so you get a better idea about what the cans will/won't do.

If you haven't already, hop onto silencershop and look at their "pistol" offerings.

I've shot Octane, Osprey, Omega K and MG7 on my personal guns. On a PCC I really like my MG7. Have heard a lot of good stuff about the Wolfman. I'm not personally a fan of the one can for all (hybrid, Omega 36 etc) but they are flexible.

bcn31

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It’s really a matter of opinion but you can’t go wrong with either GSL Phoenix or the Resilient Suppressors RS9 if your wanted to stay strictly the Form 4 route on the MP5 platform. Out of the two I would lean towards the RS9.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

There are plenty of other threads out there if you haven't checked already.

Last edited:

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Volume seems to be the way to go. I regularly shoot a old TiRant 9 on my AP5 and it pushes back a good amount of gas, especially at the ejection port. I have a Wolfman pending that I think will be a upgrade.

I think the Wolfman is one of the most versatile PCC and light centerfire rifle cans available. This is also considering mounts and its got a K configuration. One thing I would be cautious with the GSL is that it uses aluminum. I myself hate aluminum in cans. Its not durable over time and is not easy to clean.

Cans are a lifetime investment item the way the NFA makes it, to me I say get the most versatile, durable and serviceable can you can buy from a company that you can foresee that will be in business a long time from today's date.

Top Bottom