• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Olopez

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hello everyone I’ve been a part of this forum for a while now and I’ve really come to love it here, problem is I’m moving to Orlando in July and I’m unsure if they have anything like this forum Down there, i also don’t know which places would be good for training, shooting etc. If anyone here can point me i A general direction that would be awesome. Thanks I’m advance s

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I'll meet you down there soon enough. I'll be in Lee County if plans go right. How ironic a name is that, I know. We'll learn together.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220529-225900_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20220529-225900_Chrome.jpg
      220.1 KB · Views: 43

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hello everyone I’ve been a part of this forum for a while now and I’ve really come to love it here, problem is I’m moving to Orlando in July and I’m unsure if they have anything like this forum Down there, i also don’t know which places would be good for training, shooting etc. If anyone here can point me i A general direction that would be awesome. Thanks I’m advance s
    Where abouts the Orlando area are you looking at??

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I'll meet you down there soon enough. I'll be in Lee County if plans go right. How ironic a name is that, I know. We'll learn together.
    Lee county is a good place - but it has really built up. I lived there for a decade about 15 years ago.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I am originally from Central FL and still have some family there. I graduated from the old Police Academy in Eustis, FL. which is just North of Orlando. There are very few people in the Orlando area who are from FL. There are a lot in that area from NY, NJ, PA, and PR. Unfortunately many bring their liberal politics from their home states. The traffic woes in the Orlando area on I-4 and the Green$$$Way are legendary! Good luck!

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Stay as far away from Ocala Force Training as possible... super shifty, suspect business practices and questionable instructors. I know this firsthand all to well.

Olopez

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I am originally from Central FL and still have some family there. I graduated from the old Police Academy in Eustis, FL. which is just North of Orlando. There are very few people in the Orlando area who are from FL. There are a lot in that area from NY, NJ, PA, and PR. Unfortunately many bring their liberal politics from their home states. The traffic woes in the Orlando area on I-4 and the Green$$$Way are legendary! Good luck!
    Yeah I actually just got home from scoping things out this weekend. It’s definitely a different environment than out here In Pensacola but we will adjust!

Olopez

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You're still close enough to be a part of this forum. Good luck and be safe on your move.

Also, are you even training if you don't shoot upside and use a small trampoline?!
    I’ll still be keeping up with this forum because all our family is here and we’ll be taking trips back pretty frequently, but thank you man! And hell yeah I haven’t tried the trampoline method but it’s gotta be good for the reflexes, I’ll give it a try

Olopez

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Stay as far away from Ocala Force Training as possible... super shifty, suspect business practices and questionable instructors. I know this firsthand all to well.
    Thanks for the heads up, most of the places down there are in door and I’m more looking for somewhere with more freedom.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Thanks for the heads up, most of the places down there are in door and I’m more looking for somewhere with more freedom.
    I'll reach out to some south Florida contacts and see where they throw boolits and train.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm just 45 to 50 minutes north of Orlando.

Can't really recommend any ranges as I shoot on private land and I have full access to my agency's range 24/7.

I do train a bit with Robert "Bob" Keller of Gamut Resolutions and his new range is up an running. You will find some great instructors and classes in Florida but none finer than Bob. You can research his credentials. I'm hosting his advanced class up at my range (north FL) in October.

Central FL is getting more crowded every day. Places I'd never thought I'd see developed have been developed. Funny how politics lets you fill in wetlands and swamps, poor people have no idea of the ground they are living on.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not 100% sure yet, looking somewhere near altamonte springs, lake Mary or maybe Conway

OK, lets go with Alamonte Springs.

Guess you are looking for more Outdoor Ranges then Indoor ranges. I had made some notes myself about 3 or 4 years ago so somethings may be out of date.

These ranges are North or East or West. Going through Orlando can be such a pain

Eustis Gun range in Travares Fl about 30 miles away.
    This is a real darn nice range. You must become a member. Real nice folks. The Range Officers are real nice to be around let you go about your business. They have multiple ranges that go out 200 yards. You can go there and ask for a tour and they will be glad to show you the range.

Seminole County Gun and Archery in Geneva about 35 miles away
    They have a 100 yard range. But I have heard from several people that some of the folks running the range are beyond rude. I do not know if they had troubles there or what. But who knows you may not find this so.

Central Florida rifle & pistol range Orlando Fl about 30 miles away alittle south.
    This place is a darn nice place with nice people. They will tour you the range if you call ahead of time. They have a 300 yrd range there. You can get a tour of the place if you call ahead and set up a time. Must become a member to shoot.

Chuluota Sportsmen’s Club in Chuluota Fl about 15 miles away. Again nice people to work with. You can set up a tour of the place. Their longest range is 100 yards. Also you must wait 3 seconds between shoots. Again a nice place to shoot but kinda small. They let you shoot 50 BMG there. Must be a member to shoot

Volusia County Gun Club in New Smyrna Beach about 35 miles away. They have ranges that go out 900 yards. They are maybe one of the most expensive ranges I know of. They have a beautiful facility. Also they let you shoot 50 bmg & full auto. You can buy a day pass to shoot. But membership is encouraged.

There are a few other more north of Alamonte Springs but I have never researched them or went to them.

If you get on I-4 up there and go north traffic does flow nicely. But going south on I-4 can be a trip at times.

Good luck..

Last edited:
    Top Bottom