• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RackinRay

Master
    Seem like Mossberg is set to release the MVP bolt action in 7.62x51 this summer. It is said to take the AR10 line of mags. This is an interesting line of rifles.

I would love to see Mossberg bring out an MVP in 7.62x39, with a proper bore diameter instead of the .308 that most 7.62x39 bolts have been produced used. If engineered to take the AK 47 mags, what a cool rifle that would be!
    I think it would have a good customer demand, what with all the SKS and AK owners that already have and shoot 7.62x39! Who would have to have one besides me?

Alternately, if Ruger brought out the American in that caliber it would be cool as long as they went with the 7.62x39 bore diameter. Either, being good rugged rifles, in the caliber at a decent price point would be interesting to see.

Viking1204

Master
    Mossberg already has a MVP rifle in .223/5.56 that accepts AR magazines and that is probably going to be my next purchase. Makes a great predator/varmint rifle!

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Hey i found the perfect rifle and bought it the other day> U make think same?
    It is a Ruger mini 30 in 7.62x39
    Has a bull barrel thats only 16inchs and threaded so no barrel whipp like regular mini guns that make them unacurate after semi shooting.
    Only 6.5 pounds.
    Lots of stock options.I Have a hunting season stock and a assualt bug out folding stock.
    Since i already have AK an sks I have crap tun of ammo
    Plus the scope mounted in proper place over action.
    Low recoil since semi auto so my young kids and lil OLE Girl friend can also shoot it!!

And yes if the Ruger American compact came in 7.62x39 i would still buy one at current under $400 price.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    I just looked the MPV up and yea thats pretty awesome that it accepts AR mags on a bolt action .223.
    Thanks for the thread i didnt know they existed

Plus seem reasonably priced

Dan1612

Master
    Anyone know whether the Mossy 7.62x 51 will take Armalite or Magpul style mags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

TraderDan

Master
    Ray that ruger hawkeye in 7.62 that I got from you will shoot the 8" gong at 100 yds all day long with the cheap ammo , I really like that rifle. Thanks

Duelist

Expert
    I bought a MVP in 223/556 Nato and it is a very nice bolt gun. It is made in a short and long version. I have the 24 inch fluted barrel. It shoots as good as my Remington 700 in 223. I prefer 20 round mags for target shooting and use a 5 round mag for hunting. Very good value for what you get.

Dan1612

Master
    I would order if they had it, but ETA unknown.

Same here. Especially if it does indeed take 308 Pmags since I'm already stocked. It's what steered me away from the Gunsite Scout.

GlockGuy

Marksman
    I'm with you on the 7.62x39 MVP that would be an awesome setup maybe if they came with a 5 rd standard and then could accept ak mags ... We can dream

RackinRay

Master
    I would order if they had it, but ETA unknown.

Thanks for checking, I had no way to do that from here at work. The 7.62x39 would be cool, especially with a proper bore diameter. Been looking at other than the Hawkeye I let go, and finding little choice; currently only the CZ and the pricey (MSRP) Savage Scout in that caliber. Makes you think there is a void in the market for sure!

RackinRay

Master
    Sent an e-mail today to ask Mossberg if they had plans to introduce a 7.62x39 MVP. I mentioned the discussion on the forum, and a buddy switching from wanting to buy a Ruger Scout to the MVP in 7.62x51.

Will advise if I get any answer back! If any others are interested in one, chime in or send them an e-mail!

Dan1612

Master
    Sent an e-mail today to ask Mossberg if they had plans to introduce a 7.62x39 MVP. I mentioned the discussion on the forum, and a buddy switching from wanting to buy a Ruger Scout to the MVP in 7.62x51.

Will advise if I get any answer back! If any others are interested in one, chime in or send them an e-mail!

Great. I'd only be interested if it takes 308 pmags though.

Top Bottom