• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BananaTom

Shooter
    If you’re a gun owner and a fan of A&E’s “Duck Dynasty,” here’s some good news to kick off the new year: A popular gunmaker has just launched a new line of firearms based on the hit TV show.

Duck Commander, the family-owned business featured on the show, and gun manufacturer Mossberg have teamed up to produce nine shotguns, two semiautomatic pistols and two semiautomatic rifle, CNN Money reported.

Company spokeswoman Linda Powell said Mossberg has already started shipping some of the shotguns to retailers. Firearms in the line range from $400 to $900.

Most of the guns come in a “waterfowl pattern” camouflage design, but not all of the guns are meant for duck hunting.

The Mossberg .22 pistol, for example, is “perfect for small game, plinking, target shooting — or clearing cottonmouths out of your duck blind,” according to the gun manufacturer’s website.

“Mossberg is extremely proud to partner with Duck Commander to further promote hunting, shooting sports and family values,” Mossberg CEO Iver Mossberg said earlier when the partnership was first announced. “The Robertsons’ widespread appeal and ability to cross over into the mainstream has bridged millions to the tradition of hunting and sharing time in the field with family.”

Duck Commander CEO Willie Robertson added: “The Duck Commander franchise was built on hard work, family values and our great American heritage. As an iconic, hard-working American product, made by a family-owned company, Mossberg is a perfect partnership for our team.”

Mossberg is promoting the line of guns with video ads starring members of the Robertson family.

Snow Bird

Master
    Another spell checker on board I sea

M.O.A.

Master
    Had they gone with Smith or Colt of would have been cool. Now its just another overpriced 715T lol.

Dan1612

Master
    I thought they had a deal with Benelli. I wonder what happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

M.O.A.

Master

M.O.A.

Master
    True...but my point being two things 1) Walmart doesn't stock Benelli 2) there's more margin in selling a 200$ gun for 400$ than a 1000$ gun for 1200$ cause you sell more 200$ guns. Its just swamp mathematics.

Dan1612

Master
    True...but my point being two things 1) Walmart doesn't stock Benelli 2) there's more margin in selling a 200$ gun for 400$ than a 1000$ gun for 1200$ cause you sell more 200$ guns. Its just swamp mathematics.

Walmart is the # 1 gun dealer in America. Makes perfect sense.

M.O.A.

Master
    I'm not going to rush out and trade my black M4 for one either. But the camo and the Phil Robertson roll marks will make the model 835 and 935 have a certain cool factor. Wonder if their DC editions will solve the feeding issues ??

Dan1612

Master
    I'm not going to rush out and trade my black M4 for one either. But the camo and the Phil Robertson roll marks will make the model 835 and 935 have a certain cool factor. Wonder if their DC editions will solve the feeding issues ??

Hmmm, I think I might need a SuperSport. I love my SX1, it was the first gun I ever shot a skeet 25 with, but the carbon fiber is SEXY!!! Curt Mohler at Santa Rosa has one, shoots great, been thinking about it for over a year. If I can find one for $1500, it's a done deal.

Back to Mossy's. I think we'll look back on it in a few years and laugh. I love the DC crew, especially Phil and what he stands for, but the merchandising is getting silly IMO. Though if it spreads their message and lifestyle, it's probably a good thing in this day and age.

M.O.A.

Master
    Family values mixed with hunting, shooting and a dash of morals. Not a fan of the show but I like the message. Wish them all the success in their ventures.

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Yea I'm gonna need one of the shotguns eventually but no need for a Assault rifle with a logo for guys famous for duck hunting! LOL

Dan1612

Master
    Yea I'm gonna need one of the shotguns eventually but no need for a Assault rifle with a logo for guys famous for duck hunting! LOL

They did tear that boom box up pretty good. But no.

Top Bottom