• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes as long as they are the same gauge and capacity i.e. a barrel from a 5 shot 12ga 500 will fit a 12ga 5 shot Maverick 88.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yes as long as they are the same gauge and capacity i.e. a barrel from a 5 shot 12ga 500 will fit a 12ga 5 shot Maverick 88.

Right, as long as the tube is the same length. Some had 6 3/4, some had. 7 3/4 tubes. Gotta match that up and you're good to go. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Right, as long as the tube is the same length. Some had 6 3/4, some had. 7 3/4 tubes. Gotta match that up and you're good to go. Good luck!!

That just affects the handguard length you can use and doesn't affect what barrel can be used. On the Mossberg you can swap a 6 5/8" slider for a 7 3/4" slider assemblies without issue if you want to use a shorter or longer handguard. I've swapped a couple of them on my guns, it's just the tube the handguard mounts on is a different length.

Not my video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJSN9JQo4hc

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    That just affects the handguard length you can use and doesn't affect what barrel can be used. On the Mossberg you can swap a 6 5/8" slider for a 7 3/4" slider assemblies without issue if you want to use a shorter or longer handguard. I've swapped a couple of them on my guns, it's just the tube the handguard mounts on is a different length.

Not my video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJSN9JQo4hc

That makes perfect sense, I was going by fuzzy memory, thanks for clearing that up. There you go OP, the man knows what he's talking about.

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Don how do you remove the tube I see where they are threaded but I tryed shy of tearing mine up to remove it with no luck

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don how do you remove the tube I see where they are threaded but I tryed shy of tearing mine up to remove it with no luck

I'm assuming you mean the magazine tube.
    They unscrew, sometimes they are held in with loc-tite or an epoxy and can be a real bear to remove. You can try to heat it, but I wouldn't go to crazy on the heat. I've had to heat a couple and was able to do it with a heat gun on high.

You shouldn't have to remove it unless you're going to a higher or lower capacity magazine tube.

The ones I've had to remove were because I was doing a 14" 590 kit on a 500 receiver.

Emcm2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Thanks Don & Dan y'all been a lot of help I was asking about the tube because I want to change out barrel and everyone I find says I might have to change out shell tube I really don't want to because I wanta have the option of both barrels any idea where I might find an 18.5 barrel that will fit the stock tube
    Thanks Edd

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Top Bottom