• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nice!!!!!!!!! what is the serial number range..??? No photo of the flaming bomb :( ?? You know in the gun photo world that is the sweetest plumb...
    Ikr! I wished lol. No bomb on this one. But.. certain Heavy ducks command a similar price to what I seen charged for some with bombs that are military usage models. I've seen some exactly like mine, but in far better shape and no cut off etc go for some big bucks also. Mine yes has matching numbers. But the pump end of the takedown side seems to be made of a softer metal causing them to wear faster. You can barely still see my numbers. But they're there if you look in person tho. I'll show you how badly they show up vs each other. Also another way to identify what forend parts are what, I heard is to count the number of rows on the corn cob pump. I've noticed that some have more or less grooves than others do. Mine seems to be original to a Heavy duck model and has 18 grooves. I'd Google to see how many a correct model should have to know better if that's original also
    698e0addfee1c8fd7e09a15ea7482294.jpg
    9d03c85421d4d49d69f8e3039c139ad0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    If I recall correctly when I looked up my numbers, it too was made in 43. Or 34. I can't remember lol. I want to say 43 tho. Pretty old gun.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Another avenue to pursue to know more is to check online. There's a few forums that have model 12 guys, and old combat shotgun collectors exclusively. I'm sure if you check a few of those they can give you a free non biased appraisal and suggest what to do also about the barrel. It may wind up being a situation where the value drops let's say 100$ to keep the math easy, for having a choke welded on. But the value may drop 500$ if you have it removed and the barrel refinished to fix the blemishes it may leave behind. So it may affect its value a bit. But fixing it could risk more loss. But if you do decide to one day sell it. I'd like to own one for a trenchgun build someday. Once you find a price and decide on selling it let me know and I may be interested. I'm curious also to see what the value is on it in general once you find out either way tho

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So what does the w/WB mean btw?

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WB = Waldrmar Broberg he was replaced in April of 1942 by GHD = Guy H. Drewry they were inspectors for the US Military I hope I spelled the name right

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    WB = Waldrmar Broberg he was replaced in April of 1942 by GHD = Guy H. Drewry they were inspectors for the US Military I hope I spelled the name right
    Ah OK that makes sense. He said I think his was a 43. Would that still have a WB and still be correct?

Ahelimech

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Come to find out there are different references for SN ranges due to a fire at Winchester Arms. After further research it is a 42 according to the Cody Firearm Museum/Winchester Arms Collectors Association.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Come to find out there are different references for SN ranges due to a fire at Winchester Arms. After further research it is a 42 according to the Cody Firearm Museum/Winchester Arms Collectors Association.
    Great news. Sounds like it's the real deal. Also check around to see if he left behind one of these. They're rare. I been looking for one for a while lol. Not many of the barrel band sling loops was ever made. I'm tempted to make one for mine. If yours was a riot model, and shows sign of a sling loop on the stock, then that implies there should be one on the band also. (The trenchgun front sling was built into the heatsheild). So the trench models never had these. J pace may be able to clarify more on that detail tho
    09d9cbb466284b16944bcf49aa7aa3ec.jpg

J pace

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To my knowledge there were very few riot guns with slings. Seems like I remember there being some National Guard guns with Barrel band sling attachment. There are some barrel band attachments out there but most are not Factory

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Fun little model 12..
    1650944925860.png

Real nice look at some of the Trench Shotgun..

1650945229077.png

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Fun little model 12..
    View attachment 163230

Real nice look at some of the Trench Shotgun..

View attachment 163231

Yeah they're pretty cool. I'd rather have a ealier model with the exposed hammer. They look cooler to me. But both are super cool. They have a comically long bayonet also lol

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They have a comically long bayonet also lol

No more comically a look than those French carbines with bayonets..

Of course the humor wanes a little if someone is pointing one at you and calling you unpleasant names. :)

1650979065010.png
    1650979138779.png

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Top Bottom