• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I am selective for what I have a lot on hand. 22 lr since i have multiple guns and uses for that Caliber. 9x19 since that is the common caliber for my fighting pistols. 7.62x39 since I have several rifles in that caliber, it is effective, and it is relatively cheap and I already have it on hand. 12 ga shotgun. I do not have a whole lot in buckshot, but not so much is needed. In night time scenarios it is my favorite caliber. I will not keep more that a couple of hundred for what else i own. .45 ACP, 38 spl, etc are not so important. Yes I have few rounds, casting lead, etc on hand for these. I may likely sell those anyway. I do not have anyone to leave what i have. My only relative with an interest in guns is only 6 yrs younger than me. Sad to say my best friends have 4 paws and do not much use for guns.

keep in mind, my desire to have 5000 rounds for each caliber is a long way off from reality, but I am also thinking about other scenarios, not just blm or antifa protesters to protect against, but if a long term situation came up(sun flare, emt pulse, etc) the system would collapse into chaos, everyone for themselves, or just neighbors banding together for protection...

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    keep in mind, my desire to have 5000 rounds for each caliber is a long way off from reality, but I am also thinking about other scenarios, not just blm or antifa protesters to protect against, but if a long term situation came up(sun flare, emt pulse, etc) the system would collapse into chaos, everyone for themselves, or just neighbors banding together for protection...
    I agree for collapse
    The major downside is investing a lot of money and not being able to likely use it. Ammo also needs to be properly stored so there are inspection and maintenance required.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I agree for collapse
    The major downside is investing a lot of money and not being able to likely use it. Ammo also needs to be properly stored so there are inspection and maintenance required.

mine is stored inside, 68-70 degrees year round.

thinking about moving to the garage with all of it, prob 80 degrees sping/summer, and 60 degrees fall/winter
    still have ac/heating outlets in the garage, just keep them closed off, but it is a finished garage, not left with studs showing like many
    garages, so insulation is between bricks and sheetrock

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To each there own . . BUT . . 5,000 rds for each CHAMBERING that you own.
    Jeeeeeeeze guy !! You must be <40 years old and/or have 7 kids and 9 grandkids. --- SAWMAN

Used to order by the half-pallet...but I was competition shooting back then :)
    Still got more than enough in storage to fully arm my whole family...
    and the Wifey still reloads the oddball stuff & has the gear to do the regular.

Only thing I'd like more of is .22WMR...Grendels and Keltecs eat that stuff way too fast ;)

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    that indeed was my first thought, to fire back....but I do not have rubber bullets or paintballs..

firing on cops with live rounds, on cops with guns, sticks, badges and radios to call more cops with guns, sticks ,badges and radios does not seem like it could bring the results desired.
    There's no right or wrong answer here. "Gang" or not, right or wrong..... any group of people meeting force with force will cause the opposing force to think twice next time before pulling some stupid shit

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There's no right or wrong answer here. "Gang" or not, right or wrong..... any group of people meeting force with force will cause the opposing force to think twice next time before pulling some stupid shit
    My thoughts. I will quote a well know trainer in the art of close quarters combat

.at the end of the day its not about anything else but YOU AND YOURS..

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Is free speech gone, or is losing your livelihood for unpopular opinions just a consequence of free speech?

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Top Bottom