• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    The pensacola fair ground gun shows are always a waste of the entry fee and time (all scalpers and above msrp gun/ammo prices), is the MIlton gun show historically better in terms of deals?

I typically find cooler stuff at the Milton show. If you like milsurp, it's definitely the show to go to.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    The Panama city show is a good show. But gas prices got me saying nopeee
    Sad state of affairs, when gas prices start dictating how we live. SMH.
    A $1000 paycheck was okay money, for me with only a truck payment. Now it's getting to where I'm actually having to check balances before making purchases.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sad state of affairs, when gas prices start dictating how we live. SMH.
    A $1000 paycheck was okay money, for me with only a truck payment. Now it's getting to where I'm actually having to check balances before making purchases.
    Ya its almost like it can't be random. But idk.

I get paid weekly so a 1k paycheck would still be nice. Started school under v&re, I mean ain't great but shit it's a little extra.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Well, I went over there this morning very first thing along with another GCGF member and his wife. We were rather disappointed. Not a huge turnout for vendors. Selection was really lacking. Lots of used firearms (some newer, but mostly older), knives, magazines, some ammo, lots of mil-surp, and various accessories. Not the best Milton show I have attended. I had money in my pocket to spend and nothing worth buying. I took one of my ARs and had absolutely no interest whatsoever. BTW, entry is $8.

zdiver99

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    The show looked like a bunch of guys clean out all the items they have been collecting over the years. A lot of good stuff. Did not appear to be any "retailers" there like the Pensacola shows. Prices were like Pensacola show, I did not see any good deals. All in all, nice show.

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I went by this afternoon. Military discount is $6 entry. I thought it was like “old days” gun shows.

I enjoy the mil-surp, wood stocked rifles and shotties, revolvers, holsters, webgear, tables of magazines for not-so-common pistols and rifles, bayonets, some knives, reloading stuff, etc.

Talked with quite a few vendors. 100% of them were retired and this wasn’t a business. Just a nice collection of stuff from their years, or leftovers from their hobbies, etc.

Imagine a flea market, but every table is gun stuff.

I liked it . Good conversations. Enough people that vendors had customers/browsers but not so many that you weren’t bumping into everyone or waiting more than 30-seconds to be able to ask a question if interested in something.

I would go again.

Thanks @Sandspur6 for reminding us about it.

EDIT to add: no super-gun-store businesses taking up a ton of tables to sell new plastic-fantastically. All small/“local” vendors. I liked it.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    hadnt been to the gun show in years. i dropped by the show on sunday to show my face to a friend who had a table. i was surprised what a good little show it was! very interesting stuff.
    I made out like a bandit on surplus gear again, just like the last Milton show. I got the buddy hook up from another Marine who had a table, cleaning out his stash, in the last hours of the show. I got his $75 WW2/Korean War era e-tool+pouch for $15, a digital camo poncho liner stuffed inside a woodland sustainment pouch together for only $10. A small woodland camo Camelbak rucksack with bladder for $15. An unbranded ARMS style cantilever red dot mount for a fixed carry handle, $5. He threw in an original issued Colt sling for free. I thanked him and his wife profusely. (If you're reading this, sir, thank you again).
    On another table I found 2 MOLLE flap-over dual rifle mag pouches and a Glock brand mag speed loader. All 3 for $15! And he is a forum member and again, thank you sir!
    I met at least half a dozen forum members there. I had a great afternoon at the Milton Gun Show. As always :)

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I found some tok ammo which was a nice change. 30 cents a round vs the crap some people thinking milsurp runs.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I saw a sign on 9 Mile Rd that said Gun Show at SR auditorium this weekend.
    Small sign so I couldn’t read it all as I went by.
    Old sign?

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I saw a sign on 9 Mile Rd that said Gun Show at SR auditorium this weekend.
    Small sign so I couldn’t read it all as I went by.
    Old sign?
    I'd guess probably old sign since there was one either June or May over there and they don't do em that frequently.

Sandspur6

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep. Old sign. Show was last month. Sorry. Maybe next time.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I'd guess probably old sign since there was one either June or May over there and they don't do em that frequently.
    That’s what I figured. I remember when they had the last one. I was leaving for Alaska that weekend.

nwfdub

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Same place in 2 weeks has a coin show. FWIW

Sent from my SM-G715U using Tapatalk

big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    what do you think about a new gun show in the area 2 times a year maybe 100 tables at 60 per table 6 or 7 dollars per customer anyone interested in getting a table maybe 1 or 2 ffl dealers in show the rest private individuals

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    what do you think about a new gun show in the area 2 times a year maybe 100 tables at 60 per table 6 or 7 dollars per customer anyone interested in getting a table maybe 1 or 2 ffl dealers in show the rest private individuals
    The likelihood or the idea of it?

Top Bottom