• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yes I agree nothing wrong with making money. I'm all about that. I was just making a point that anyone can put on a Gun Show.

Remember our shin dig we had a JJ's now that was Fun. I think we did that a million years ago. LOL

Maybe set that up again... :)

We're working on another one. The first was great. Second got hit with some bad weather. JJ did a BUNCH to get both of those to happen beyond just providing the venue. They were both fun but when the time comes, volunteers and/or cash(tables, food etc) will help... as noted below.
    What good is a huge turnout if the guy putting it on is losing money?
    You can’t make it free. You’d have to raise the price of tables so high that there would be no vendors.
    Then you’d just have a bunch of tightwads standing around in an empty auditorium staring at each other.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Somebody told me at work that there was some sort of a Pensacola seafood festival downtown this weekend, and that very well could have been why the Santa Rosa County Auditorium gun show was slow for some people

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    We're working on another one. The first was great. Second got hit with some bad weather. JJ did a BUNCH to get both of those to happen beyond just providing the venue. They were both fun but when the time comes, volunteers and/or cash(tables, food etc) will help... as noted below.
    Well if I'm home, me my bride and maybe her sister will help.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Somebody told me at work that there was some sort of a Pensacola seafood festival downtown this weekend, and that very well could have been why the Santa Rosa County Auditorium gun show was slow for some people
    That is true, there was. That plus the beautiful weather at the beach probably kept a lot of people away.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There was not alot of advertising for this show either.. Days before the show you could not find any online references to it.

snowbound612

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Visited Saturday morning looking for an M5 bayonet and a 1911 Boyt holster. Found both at a good price. Enjoyed visiting with JJ and Nate. Amen to Nate's comment on a future swap meet. I attended both of the previous. Hopefully there will be strong forum support in the coming weeks planning a future event. I saw first hand the tremendous effort JJ and nate put in for these meets. Where else can you shoot at a gun show.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Awesome I'm all in with Help, Food, Money... Etc.

You gonna be the range officer again??? :)

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Hey Rebel, I forgot to mention! There was an FFL there selling a monolithic lower receiver like yours! It was a completed 100% ready to rock lower for $200 and it was so lightweight. Must have been maybe a pound. If it was more than a pound it wasn't by much!

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Hey Rebel, I forgot to mention! There was an FFL there selling a monolithic lower receiver like yours! It was a completed 100% ready to rock lower for $200 and it was so lightweight. Must have been maybe a pound. If it was more then a pound it wasn't by much!
    25.7 oz complete. Snap the upper on and pew! Airweight firepower!

Attachments

• 20210218_153751.jpg
      20210218_153751.jpg
      5 MB · Views: 116

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I went up on Saturday. Didn‘t find anything I had to leave with, but it was worth the price of admission to spend some time talking to Nate and meeting JJ. Also got to put my hands on a number of different toys. JJ’s 1894 with octagon barrel in 357/38 was so tempting. Everyone was friendly and it wasn’t so crowded you couldn’t move. I‘d go again.

Top Bottom