• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter

gunnerxxx

Marksman
    have always enjoyed dealing with Midway. Great Job Potterfield!

1911Junky

Master
    More the reason why I purchase from them. I built a custom 1911 to auction off and donate all proceeds to FITCO Cares Foundation and Larry Potterfield donated all of the parts needed for the build. Great company!

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    your link is not working for me but the NRA-ILA money goes strictly to fighting anti-gun legislation. Membership dues and NRA Store goes to advertising, etc.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Does not matter to me, 1 mill to NASCAR is a waste, they could have transferred it to the lobby. Sorta like Wounded Warrior Project banning gun and religion sponsors, then only a fraction of the $ actually going to the WW's. NRA, as much as I like NASCAR, should spend their $$ on lobbies and education programs to further shooting sports.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/04/us/sports-nra-nascar/index.html

The National Rifle Association will sponsor the NASCAR Sprint Cup event in Texas on April 13, Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage announced Monday.

The race will be called the NRA 500 and will be run during prime time.

"NRA members and NASCAR fans love their country and everything that is good and right about America. We salute our flag, volunteer in our churches and communities, cherish our families, and we love racing." NRA Chief Executive Officer Wayne LaPierre said a video statement played for reporters at a news conference announcing the event.

Hubbyandwife

Expert
    Not a huge fan of NASCAR, but glad to see NRA is getting the word out. I'd rather it go there than to Harry Reid's agenda

1911Junky

Master
    Not a huge fan of NASCAR, but glad to see NRA is getting the word out. I'd rather it go there than to Harry Reid's agenda

I agree, that is purely marketing/advertising for the NRA...money could be better used on other means, but there is a great deal of NASCAR fans out there and will be marketing money well spent.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    They already cling to their guns and Bibles, so why market to them? just wasted $$

Viking1204

Master
    Does not matter to me, 1 mill to NASCAR is a waste, they could have transferred it to the lobby. Sorta like Wounded Warrior Project banning gun and religion sponsors, then only a fraction of the $ actually going to the WW's. NRA, as much as I like NASCAR, should spend their $$ on lobbies and education programs to further shooting sports.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/04/us/sports-nra-nascar/index.html

The National Rifle Association will sponsor the NASCAR Sprint Cup event in Texas on April 13, Texas Motor Speedway President Eddie Gossage announced Monday.

The race will be called the NRA 500 and will be run during prime time.

"NRA members and NASCAR fans love their country and everything that is good and right about America. We salute our flag, volunteer in our churches and communities, cherish our families, and we love racing." NRA Chief Executive Officer Wayne LaPierre said a video statement played for reporters at a news conference announcing the event.

Depends on what you consider waste. I see it as a way for the NRA to get their word out to millions of NASCAR fans that will be watching that race on TV and these days the more we can get the word out the better for our cause. The money isn't just going to get the word out in Texas, it's using the Texas race to get the word out to millions of fans watcing it on TV all over the country. I think it's a good thing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom