• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    I think we all know, or should know, that a Presidential Commission on gun control will be reporting their findings in June and one thing coming is that pistol braces will become a NFA item requiring a $200.00 tax stamp. This is pretty much going to happen.

I was looking on Midway USA's site just a few minutes ago at their pistol braces. They only have about half of what they used to have, and the good ones are all out of stock. Something new that has been added on the Pistol Braces page is the statement "Due to safety considerations and legal/regulatory reasons Pistol Braces may not be returned." That is something that has been added fairly recently. Interesting......

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    "Discontinued"........Midway does have a few of the above left, it's the ones that attach to a picitinny rail that are out of stock. Going, going, gone. Definitely get one now if you have ever wanted one.

FrommerStop

Master
    I see Brownells is having a SBA3/ammo combo clearance sale.

View attachment 120284
    I hope everyone makes comments on the 2021 frame receiver rule that ATF has proposed.

Link to rule: https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2021-05-21/pdf/2021-10058.pdf

Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus

FrommerStop

Master
    If you take the time to read the proposed ATF rule you will realize that it is scary stuff. They mention Glocks and Sigs by name.
    There is still a lot that i have not figured out yet. What I was trying to findout is what are they going to do about Pre-existing AR uppers and of course the slide assemblies of handguns relative to serial numbering. What happens when you switch one upper to a different gun?
    They did 450,000 traces in 2019, but yet only a tiny portion of that was 'ghost' guns.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    There is still a lot that i have not figured out yet. What I was trying to findout is what are they going to do about Pre-existing AR uppers and of course the slide assemblies of handguns relative to serial numbering. What happens when you switch one upper to a different gun?
    They did 450,000 traces in 2019, but yet only a tiny portion of that was 'ghost' guns.
    About swapping uppers, kinda like if a tree falls in the forrest etc.etc.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    To the gun grabbers the "facts" don't matter. The "facts" are merely an inconvenience to be ignored.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    To the gun grabbers the "facts" don't matter. The "facts" are merely an inconvenience to be ignored.
    Yep, this is just their tactics to make California rules Nation wide. Just got done looking at California's not-approved firearm list. Proud to say 80% of mine are on there. Glock gen 4,5 are not approved in California but gen 1-3 are ?? Werid.

FrommerStop

Master
    Yep, this is just their tactics to make California rules Nation wide. Just got done looking at California's not-approved firearm list. Proud to say 80% of mine are on there. Glock gen 4,5 are not approved in California but gen 1-3 are ?? Werid.
    I suspect that every new gun has to be rated and they take their time at it.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    They aren't going to take them, they just want your money. 20 million or so rifles(pistols) floating around or more. Times 200 dollars each. Cha ching!

IronBeard

Master
    If we have to rely on our senators, Florida is screwed. I've received numerous responses to contact with Scott and Rubio stating they aim to balance our Constitutional rights with public safety. I can take that no other way than to believe our rights come second at best.

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Register your name and address and email and comment on the proposed atf rules all you want. There were plenty of genuine comments when they proposed reinventing "bump stocks" as machine guns. Plenty of irrefutable logic and legal questions. No answers from the atf. Didn't matter in the least.

All of these proposed rules are pieces of a bigger picture.

What's the harm in a serial number; that's just established procedure and helps make a LEO's job easier, right?
    What's the harm in a background check; that's common sense, right?
    What's the harm in a new tax; it happens all the time and it's normal, right?
    What's the harm in regulating evil "ghost guns"; criminals use them so they must be bad, right?

More rules. More gov involvement in private affairs. More taxes. All equals a list that will grow and never go away. Infringements on the Citizens and a gov with more money and a roster of the opposition. The Founding Fathers saw this movie already...

Once a tax get levied on an item, it's almost impossible to remove it.
    The rest is simply "administrative rules" for tax collection purposes.

That's how the "AFT" got started anyway.
    That's why it is drunk on the power of the purse.

FrommerStop

Master
    Register your name and address and email and comment on the proposed atf rules all you want. There were plenty of genuine comments when they proposed reinventing "bump stocks" as machine guns. Plenty of irrefutable logic and legal questions. No answers from the atf. Didn't matter in the least.

All of these proposed rules are pieces of a bigger picture.

What's the harm in a serial number; that's just established procedure and helps make a LEO's job easier, right?
    What's the harm in a background check; that's common sense, right?
    What's the harm in a new tax; it happens all the time and it's normal, right?
    What's the harm in regulating evil "ghost guns"; criminals use them so they must be bad, right?

More rules. More gov involvement in private affairs. More taxes. All equals a list that will grow and never go away. Infringements on the Citizens and a gov with more money and a roster of the opposition. The Founding Fathers saw this movie already...

Once a tax get levied on an item, it's almost impossible to remove it.
    The rest is simply "administrative rules" for tax collection purposes.

That's how the "AFT" got started anyway.
    That's why it is drunk on the power of the purse.
    I will be sending in a comment shortly. There should be millions of negative comments. Negative comments on the bumpstock ruling did not work since the gun community was split on the bumpstock issue. To my knowledge this ghostgun-serial number issue has little support within the gun community. We do not have exPres Trump and the NRA promoting any of the new proposed rulings. Politically the country is dividing over many issues that I will not mention here.
    I agree that the public comments may not stop it, but remember the comment period posted at the beginning of the year was shut down and withdrawn after the comments started coming. Commenting is a force.
    About giving you name and email to the government with the antiATF statement, not anywhere near as bad as stating on the internet that one would refuse to obey any ruling that ATF turns into law relative to braces. Violating the NFA can be serious felony. That could be probably cause for a federal magistrate to issue search warrent

Do not assume that what one posts on a forum can not be connected with the poster. I assume that the Feds have some sort of records on most of us that includes me.

Last edited:

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I will be sending in a comment shortly. There should be millions of negative comments. Negative comments on the bumpstock ruling did not work since the gun community was split on the bumpstock issue. To my knowledge this ghostgun-serial number issue has little support within the gun cumminty. We do not have exPres Trump and the NRA promoting any of the new proposed rulings. Politically the country is dividing over many issues that I will not mention here.
    I agree that the public comments may not stop it, but remember the comment period posted at the beginning of the year was shut down and withdrawn after the comments started coming. Commenting is a force.
    About giving you name and email to the government with the antiATF statement, not anywhere near as bad as stating on the internet that one would refuse to obey any ruling that ATF turns into law relative to braces. Violating the NFA can be serious felony. That could be probably cause for a federal magistrate to issue search warrent

Do not assume that what one posts on a forum can not be connected with the poster. I assume that the Feds have some sort of records on most of us that includes me.
    If you register and comment, they know you're toting something. Just being registered here they are watching. You don't have to make statements or threats for them to find you.

K-9

Shooter
    I cannot imagine they won't just NFA them or outright ban them. Look at bumpfire stocks and tell me they will act any differently. I expected this to happen years ago with pistol braces.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I cannot imagine they won't just NFA them or outright ban them. Look at bumpfire stocks and tell me they will act any differently. I expected this to happen years ago with pistol braces.
    They were approved by the atf originally. "Years ago" is a loose term. They haven't been out all that long. Will not be a ban. They want that money. Millions of pistol braces at 200 a pop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom