Patriot Mobile

Metal or Plastic Magazines, is there really any difference?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I will add this. I have a number of older USGI metal magazines and they still function great after a few decades of use. I also have quite an assortment of PMAGs (windowed and non-windowed, Gen 1 and Gen 2s) and never had an issue with any of them. I also have a few Lancer L5 AWM Magazines and they work well. Troy Battlemags are good kit as well. I also have a couple C Products magazines, but rarely use them. They are decent magazines as are D&H. I probably have right around 250 magazines in all with the vast majority being PMAGs. My SHTF setup is with Gen 2 PMAGs.

Sign Master

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Robert "Bob" Keller runs Gamut Resolutions training and owner of Range Werx in south Florida.

He's a 20+ year Spec Ops guy with a Delta and SOCOM background. Spent all his time as an Operator with hundreds of direct hit missions under his belt.

Hands down the most direct, honest, non-BS gun fighting instructor I've had the pleasure to train with. I have had him at my place half dozen times or so.

What You Need To Face A Threat - YouTube

Listen to this carefully, at the beginning and again at about 12:00, when he talks about the sales aspect of filling training classes. I really like his attitude and training philosophy when it comes to what works.

Profiles of Courage: Robert Keller - YouTube

I've instituted a lot of his teachings in SWAT training and the VERY FIRST words out of a team members mouth after a shooting was three simple words... "that shit works"... he was referring to drills we have run at training... can't get a better endorsement than that.

I highly encourage folks serious about training to seek out one of his classes. His on-range personality is much more high-energy than what you see in the videos.
    Excellent videos - would love to train with an individual like him

Top Bottom