• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    That's a threat and somebody should neutralize it. And quick. Ideas are bulletproof, and the last thing we want are ideas like that spreading

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200530-015018_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20200530-015018_Chrome.jpg
      201.7 KB · Views: 185
    Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I get the in custody/unarmed/wrong person death; resulting anger and frustration but I also wait and accept the results from the Legal system.

Too bad these "protesting communities" don't have equally strong personel convictions about the routine daily neighborhood crime, violence, shooting, stabings and murders. These things don't even get much local press because of their frequency. Seems to me there's more than a small amount of inequality toward the victims and the perpetrators.

YMMV

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    2018 Mrs Minnesota is the wife of Chauvin
    Wife of officer charged with murder of George Floyd announces she's divorcing him
    "Her utmost sympathy lies with [Floyd's] family, with his loved ones and with everyone who is grieving this tragedy," a statement from Chauvin's attorney read in part.
    1590844352061.png

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I doubt from an earlier posted picture of their house that Chauvin had a whole for her to drain. Maybe she had a role in his behavior. Likely she was leaving him anyway. Maybe she was cheating on him with a black guy.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe she likes women, and is leaving him for a white woman. Or maybe she’s leaving him to move in with you. ;) Maybe covers a lot of ground, almost as much as if!

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe she likes women, and is leaving him for a white woman. Or maybe she’s leaving him to move in with you. ;) Maybe covers a lot of ground, almost as much as if!
    That sounds good, what is Laotian cooking like.
    My limited experience with asian woman is when they marry white or black men they are hoping to move up financially. I am probably poorer than chauvin was and I would quickly get left behind.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1590883098859.png

https://www.insidempd.com/get-connected/policies-procedures/5-300-use-of-force/ Is the link to
    5-300 Use of Force

5-301 PURPOSE (10/16/02) (08/17/07)

The purpose of this section is to provide all sworn MPD employees with clear and consistent policies and procedures regarding the use of force while engaged in the discharge of their official duties. (Note: MPD Training Unit Lesson Plans – Use of Force, are used as a reference throughout this section.)
    Relative to the neck
    5-311 USE OF NECK RESTRAINTS AND CHOKE HOLDS (10/16/02) (08/17/07) (10/01/10) (04/16/12)

DEFINITIONS I.

Choke Hold:
    Deadly force option. Defined as applying direct pressure on a person’s trachea or airway (front of the neck), blocking or obstructing the airway (04/16/12)

Neck Restraint: Non-deadly force option. Defined as compressing one or both sides of a person’s neck with an arm or leg, without applying direct pressure to the trachea or airway (front of the neck). Only sworn employees who have received training from the MPD Training Unit are authorized to use neck restraints. The MPD authorizes two types of neck restraints: Conscious Neck Restraint and Unconscious Neck Restraint. (04/16/12)

Conscious Neck Restraint: The subject is placed in a neck restraint with intent to control, and not to render the subject unconscious, by only applying light to moderate pressure. (04/16/12)

Unconscious Neck Restraint: The subject is placed in a neck restraint with the intention of rendering the person unconscious by applying adequate pressure. (04/16/12)

PROCEDURES/REGULATIONS II.

1. The Conscious Neck Restraint may be used against a subject who is actively resisting. (04/16/12)
    2. The Unconscious Neck Restraint shall only be applied in the following circumstances: (04/16/12)
      1. On a subject who is exhibiting active aggression, or;
      2. For life saving purposes, or;
      3. On a subject who is exhibiting active resistance in order to gain control of the subject; and if lesser attempts at control have been or would likely be ineffective.
    3. Neck restraints shall not be used against subjects who are passively resisting as defined by policy. (04/16/12)
    4. After Care Guidelines (04/16/12)
      1. After a neck restraint or choke hold has been used on a subject, sworn MPD employees shall keep them under close observation until they are released to medical or other law enforcement personnel.
      2. An officer who has used a neck restraint or choke hold shall inform individuals accepting custody of the subject, that the technique was used on the subject.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Seems they are referring to two different things:
    a lateral vascular neck restraint, which is a “blood choke” used to render someone unconscious. It’s not an airway choke, and is a non-deadly force way to control a suspect who is actively/aggressively resisting. It’s still somewhat controversial and depends on if your department trains it or authorizes it.

They also seem to be talking about the basic general principle of controlling the head to control a suspect’s body.

But based on what I saw in the video, it’s not a way of doing either that I’ve been trained in or even seen before. I suppose it’d be possible to use your knee to compress the side of the neck to perform a blood choke to render a subject unconscious without restricting their airway; BUT, no matter your justification for using it or how you did it, once the person is unconscious then you would release the hold. I’d really like to hear the officer’s justification for the continued hold after the suspect was unconscious.

The officer should have been placed on leave while they completed their internal investigation into the incident, which I’m sure would result in his termination for violating their use of force policy. Then present evidence from a completed criminal investigation, including full autopsy and toxicity report, to a grand jury to decide what appropriate charges, if any, to arraign him on.

All of that instead of this rushed, politically motivated reactionary arrests. I highly doubt he will be convicted of murder, and then we’ll have to deal with all these riots again if he’s acquitted.

Two things I’d like to point out in general about this and other similar incidents:

1) Calls for justice are ultimately answered by the courts. So if the person held responsible is brought up on charges, and the courts decide one way or the other, justice has been done, no matter the outcome. Justice IS NOT decided by the mob.

2) A crime is not automatically racially motivated because the suspect and victim are of different races. There needs to be evidence the crime and the suspect were racially motivated. Just because a White person kills a black person, does not mean he is a racist. That is a simple truth that is often ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Good information and evaluation
    On the charges they likely know that a murder conviction may be difficult to get from a jury and that is why they also put in the manslaughter charge. They have held back from charging the other involved officers likely to let that work through the system and do that part correctly
    One of my concerns is that even with the murder charges, the mobs were not placated.
    Proper future police reactions to crime may be restrained. If criminals that are predators know that the sheepdogs will not bite, then they become embolden.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That sounds good, what is Laotian cooking like.
    My limited experience with asian woman is when they marry white or black men they are hoping to move up financially. I am probably poorer than chauvin was and I would quickly get left behind.
    The Chauvin Home looks quite modest. Here it is with graffiti.

1590935839479.png

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Seems they are referring to two different things:
    a lateral vascular neck restraint, which is a “blood choke” used to render someone unconscious. It’s not an airway choke, and is a non-deadly force way to control a suspect who is actively/aggressively resisting. It’s still somewhat controversial and depends on if your department trains it or authorizes it.

They also seem to be talking about the basic general principle of controlling the head to control a suspect’s body.

But based on what I saw in the video, it’s not a way of doing either that I’ve been trained in or even seen before. I suppose it’d be possible to use your knee to compress the side of the neck to perform a blood choke to render a subject unconscious without restricting their airway; BUT, no matter your justification for using it or how you did it, once the person is unconscious then you would release the hold. I’d really like to hear the officer’s justification for the continued hold after the suspect was unconscious.

The officer should have been placed on leave while they completed their internal investigation into the incident, which I’m sure would result in his termination for violating their use of force policy. Then present evidence from a completed criminal investigation, including full autopsy and toxicity report, to a grand jury to decide what appropriate charges, if any, to arraign him on.

All of that instead of this rushed, politically motivated reactionary arrests. I highly doubt he will be convicted of murder, and then we’ll have to deal with all these riots again if he’s acquitted.

Two things I’d like to point out in general about this and other similar incidents:

1) Calls for justice are ultimately answered by the courts. So if the person held responsible is brought up on charges, and the courts decide one way or the other, justice has been done, no matter the outcome. Justice IS NOT decided by the mob.

2) A crime is not automatically racially motivated because the suspect and victim are of different races. There needs to be evidence the crime and the suspect were racially motivated. Just because a White person kills a black person, does not mean he is a racist. That is a simple truth that is often ignored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    true dat

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    I doubt from an earlier posted picture of their house that Chauvin had a whole for her to drain. Maybe she had a role in his behavior. Likely she was leaving him anyway. Maybe she was cheating on him with a black guy.
    My wife says she saw that this guy has a house in Florida, too, with protesters at it now

Gator1067

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The protesters are talking about holding a protest in my area tonight. They have made open threats to Loot and to burn down the mall and other stores to the point they were closed early and the areas were evacuated. WTF!!! Does that have to do with justice. That is using a situation as a reason to get free shit and display animalistic behavior. I have said many times my whole life I am all for living and let live and do for all equally Without prejudice but when the wolf comes out of the woods to your front door trying to take from the hen house it just has to be put down for being a wolf. I have sympathy for a man that was mistreated and lost his life. I have not the slightest bit of sympathy for anything that happens to one or many that show animalistic Terrorist behavior and threaten the safety of society as a whole.
    D9569FBD-050E-457B-9D90-B92C317F4F1F.jpeg

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Protesters sabotaged their own message when they defaulted to mob mentality and a wide range of criminal acts. If they are on the street after Curfew: they're not Lawful Protesters. Lock them all up, shoot arsonists and those throwing anything at LE. I don't know current LE use of force on looters, time was they could be shot as that was the only deterrent that slowed and stopped it.

Every time these protests turn to riots, those involved show their true colors: not skin pigment but their character and what they want to be represented as.

Gator1067

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Protesters sabotaged their own message when they defaulted to mob mentality and a wide range of criminal acts. If they are on the street after Curfew: they're not Lawful Protesters. Lock them all up, shoot arsonists and those throwing anything at LE. I don't know current LE use of force on looters, time was they could be shot as that was the only deterrent that slowed and stopped it.

Every time these protests turn to riots, those involved show their true colors: not skin pigment but their character and what they want to be represented as.
    I know the chief of police where the mall they are threatening to loot and burn down is located made a public announcement that his officers will not use rubber bullets. I have had numerous calls from friends tonight some who live near me, some that live an hour away advising that if it happens they are tired of this BS and will be on the way to shut it down. These are my friends. Not law enforcement officers not military just Hard working men with jobs businesses families that are saying they will not and can not stand for it any more in this country. My friends are white,black,Mexican,Cuban,Puerto Rican. They all eat at my dinner table at the same time and we will all stand together as brothers to defend one another and each other’s families. These protest are not about justice race or rights they are about a group of ignorant Like minded criminals taking advantage of a situation.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

So I'm just curious here where you draw the line? Getting fired upon, while on your porch, on your own property, does that count as protesting or looting? Fucking cops are crossing the line. They're still doing it to this minute. It's what all these protests are over. And yet they still don't learn or act according to the law.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I know the chief of police where the mall they are threatening to loot and burn down is located made a public announcement that his officers will not use rubber bullets. I have had numerous calls from friends tonight some who live near me, some that live an hour away advising that if it happens they are tired of this BS and will be on the way to shut it down. These are my friends. Not law enforcement officers not military just Hard working men with jobs businesses families that are saying they will not and can not stand for it any more in this country. My friends are white,black,Mexican,Cuban,Puerto Rican. They all eat at my dinner table at the same time and we will all stand together as brothers to defend one another and each other’s families. These protest are not about justice race or rights they are about a group of ignorant Like minded criminals taking advantage of a situation.
    Dude. These cops are still doing the same shit that has lead to these protests. Enough is enough. When the fuck are these cops that think they're above the law going to be taken down and put in shackles?! This shit is getting stupid. I'm not blaming you personally, at all, but you have to recognize that there are cops in these departments spread all across this country that only wish to do harm. They see themselves as above the law. There is no recourse for their actions. It's LITERALLY CAUGHT ON FILM COUNTLESS TIMES in the past 2 days. This divide has to fucking stop. The rioting is stupid as hell. It's only hurting small business owners. I don't give a shit about the corporate stores. They can burn alongside the precints. When do you call enough, enough though? People are being killed at the hands of abusive authoritarians. What do you say to their families? What do you say to their children?! FUCK!!! This entire situation has me pissed off to all ends.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

So I'm just curious here where you draw the line? Getting fired upon, while on your porch, on your own property, does that count as protesting or looting? Fucking cops are crossing the line. They're still doing it to this minute. It's what all these protests are over. And yet they still don't learn or act according to the law.

I draw the Line at what's legally right or wrong. Mob beating shopkeepers: wrong. LE shooting paint ball at residents on their property: wrong but I don't know what proceeded it. What were the Curfew Orders? Stay home and inside and folks on porch were non compliant with LE commands too? Have people been threatening LE while outside their homes? The Officers are stuck between a rock and a hard place. The have a job to do and politicians won't let them do it as some shitty attempt at reconciliation to calm the waters. The mobs don't give a shit about BLM or Floyd and know that LEs hands have been tied: they see the weak spots and strike. Yes, some LE might be Red Zone after days of this same shit and general public persecution of all LE (as you do) for the actions of a few. In Atl two cops werefired and three put on desk duty while under investigation regarding a couple arrested from a vehicle. Another cop is under investigation for driving slowly through a line of violent mob blocking another Unit and attacking both Units. What would you do if it were you and your vehicle?

I find it odd that my post you quoted was about Protesters loosing the power of their message (I agree) due to the rioting. It had nothing to do with LE. Yet you attach a vid that was already Posted and choose it to grind that same anti LE axe you have been bitching about for years. Whatever cop shit on your food tray obviously left a lasting impression. If you can't get over it the cop wins (right or wrong). I know a few people that did serious time and they don't carry as deep a grudge as you do. They know they just lost the game of cat and mouse, knew the risk and just manned up. You, not so much from what I read. I don't know you, just the recurring attitude That I disagree with in the strongest of terms. Please refrain from trying to use me as your soap box.

Top Bottom