• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michael888

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So Matt Gaetz is Planning on DEFUNDING THE ATF AS IT ONLY SEEMS TO GO AGAINST THE 2ND AMMENDMENT.

First I want to say. GOD BLESS MATT GAETZ.

2ND.. He doesn't have a chance Or does he?

3rd IF he does manage,which would be a blessing to ALL who love are OathKeepers and Love the USA CONSTITUTION...

WHAT HAPPENS TO SILENCER LAWS , SBR LAWS AND FULLY AUTOMATIC LAWS??

I'd love to sbr a rifle,silence it and make it select Fire withOUT all the $$ time and recording of.

YOU?

zdiver99

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    This is a political football that will be kicked around well past my lifetime. ATF will never go away, and if by some chance it does, well DOJ or FBI or another agency will pick up the ball and run with it. IMHO, there will always be "tax thief", oh I mean tax stamps for Suppressors/silencers, SBR, machine guns, etc. Government makes too much money of these stamps to do away with.

As much as I would like to believe Gaetz is looking out for the A2, I think it is also a political move.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gaetz does a really good job of staying relevant in the msm headlines. He will say anything to make a headline. Personally I think it would be great if I had the option of spending every last cent on going full auto. If I want to spend my money wasting ammo I should legally have that as an option.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Better to just do away with the GCA and NFA, IMO, and every "law/rule" based on them.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Too bad he didn't do this in 2016 when the R's could have actually done something.

Oh wait, they always do that. Talk tough as heck when they have no chance of passing anything. Do nothing when they could pass it.

iu

I'll caveat this by saying I'm glad he's our Representative, but ^$#% do something when you actually have power next time...

Michael888

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Even if Gaetz's bill makes it out of the House, a D Senate will not support it.

Neither party in DC will defund an agency and layoff thousands of potential voters that could vote for the other party in the future.
    He and his buddies sure accomplished a LOT MORE THAN I THOUGHT. The deal with McCarthy was amazing. I Am confident a Lot of GOOD coming down the pipeline. Starting with Biden,harris resigning,being impeached( I Pray HUNG FOR TREASON, but not gonna happen). Them McCarthy will be in Power via Trump. Its gonna get REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY CRAZY.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    He and his buddies sure accomplished a LOT MORE THAN I THOUGHT. The deal with McCarthy was amazing. I Am confident a Lot of GOOD coming down the pipeline. Starting with Biden,harris resigning,being impeached( I Pray HUNG FOR TREASON, but not gonna happen). Them McCarthy will be in Power via Trump. Its gonna get REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY CRAZY.
    Can I get some of what you are smoking?

It's some really, REALLY good stuff!!!!

iu

PS - None of that is gonna happen...

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Tbf I think he can start by lifting unconstitutional gun laws in Florida. I feel bad for those there that can't legally own or use binaries and FRTs. Then I'll believe the rest

zdiver99

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    First off if Biden resigns, Harris is Pres and selcts the VP. If Harris resigns, then Biden picks the VP. We loose both ways, they are smart enough to pick a Dem as VP, so we are out of luck until 2024.
    There is no way that both would get impeached at the same time. If Biden is impeached, Harris becomes Pres, then back to the first paragraph. The House could impeach him, but there is no way the Senate would impeach him, not enough Rep in the Senate.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I assume some people here must still believe in the Tooth Fairy and Santa Clause, plus the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow with the Leprechaun!!!!

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Tbf I think he can start by lifting unconstitutional gun laws in Florida. I feel bad for those there that can't legally own or use binaries and FRTs. Then I'll believe the rest
    He can't do much about FL State laws, he's not a State level representative....

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    He can't do much about FL State laws, he's not a State level representative....
    Yeah I lose track of who's who and how it all works. He's a politician lol. He can at least bring it up and get that ball rolling so to speak, as he addresses the ATF. If you're gonna call out someone, just make sure your own house is in order is all I'm saying. Regardless of who actually does it. We have too many of the politicians for me to even pretend to keep track of lol. With the new tech we have it seems like we could cut that in half easily nowdays.
    But, if he does... or can do something about the AFT I say hell yeah. It's all mostly theatrics tho.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    How about THIS (I've been trying to get a response from someone... anyone... but since my comments elsewhere are usually shadowbanned, I'll try it here... )

THE FIRST (or SECOND) AMENDMENT IS NOT ABSOLUTE.

How many times have you heard that? And the example most often given is that you can't yell "FIRE!" in a crowded theater if there is no fire.

SO: Did they BAN the word FIRE? TAX it maybe? NO. Because if there IS a fire in a crowded theater, yelling "FIRE!" can SAVE lives! Thus the WORD is not banned OR taxed, but what you DO with the word CAN rightly be criminalized.

NOW, extrapolate to the Second Amendment, which let's stipulate for the sake of argument is not "absolute". THUS, the Second Amendment doesn't convey the RIGHT to spray bullets in a crowded theater. This type of ACT is rightly criminalized, but will NEVER be prevented by prohibiting the Citizen their ability to SAVE lives by having the best tools (e.g., words and/or weapons) available to defend themselves and others.

In short, banning WORDS and/or WEAPONS is not a SOLUTION to ANYTHING, but in fact is a PROBLEM IN ITSELF.

Last edited:

Michael888

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah I lose track of who's who and how it all works. He's a politician lol. He can at least bring it up and get that ball rolling so to speak, as he addresses the ATF. If you're gonna call out someone, just make sure your own house is in order is all I'm saying. Regardless of who actually does it. We have too many of the politicians for me to even pretend to keep track of lol. With the new tech we have it seems like we could cut that in half easily nowdays.
    But, if he does... or can do something about the AFT I say hell yeah. It's all mostly theatrics tho.
    There has to be a start somewhere.. Maybe NOT now.. BUT he is planting a seed Most of us want. Imo. the atf is an illegal organization... Its rules are illegal. I obey as My Pop taught me a LONG TIME AGO.. " WHERE DOES A 5,000 LB GORILLA SIT ? anywhere it wants. Right or wrong. I ABIDE BY ALL LAWS and engage is a legal,peaceful INFORMATION WAR AGAINST WHAT I BELIEVE IS WRONG. The atf is wrong.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    There has to be a start somewhere.. Maybe NOT now.. BUT he is planting a seed Most of us want. Imo. the atf is an illegal organization... Its rules are illegal. I obey as My Pop taught me a LONG TIME AGO.. " WHERE DOES A 5,000 LB GORILLA SIT ? anywhere it wants. Right or wrong. I ABIDE BY ALL LAWS and engage is a legal,peaceful INFORMATION WAR AGAINST WHAT I BELIEVE IS WRONG. The atf is wrong.
    Oh trust me brother, I'm right there with ya on thinking it needs to be dissolved. I'm of the opinion all gun laws are illegal. I think they just need to focus on the original crime laws outside of the gun laws. As in lock up those who are a danger to society and keep them there. Then anyone outside of jail can own whatever they want. Seems like a very simple issue to me to fix. So I'd love to see it all go trust me

Top Bottom