• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobertTaylor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Anyone make 300 blackout brass from 223? Interested in making some for me? Let me know how much it'll cost

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Don't know if you're familiar with AR15.com but some guys over there offer converted brass for sale.

Go to the Equipment Exchange section, then look under Reloading Supplies-Brass Sales Only.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The cast bullets forum has a classifieds, Ive seen some sellers there plus just saw a HF"chop saw" on there.
    Might have to join to get to the classifieds . Also might find some heavy 30 cal. PC cast bullets there.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I have some extra. how many are you wanting?

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    In your search for barrels, just note any with 1-9 or 1-10 twists.
    Same mind set that puts 1-10 twists in most 30 cal. rifles. Thinks a 1-7 T is necessary for a BO :rolleyes:

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Depends on what it'll cost. I haven't built my upper yet, but I used to load 300 blackout yet. Want to get into it again
    I was just going to give you some brass. 20 or 30 pieces. If you want like 100 or more, I wont be much help for amount of brass. :)

Captain Dave

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's easy. Buy a little miter saw at Harbor Freight for 25 bucks. Chop some fired 5.56 cases to length and run em through your full length die after lubing of course. Trim to length. Very easy. I have done hundreds when BLK brass was hard to find.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    It's easy. Buy a little miter saw at Harbor Freight for 25 bucks. Chop some fired 5.56 cases to length and run em through your full length die after lubing of course. Trim to length. Very easy. I have done hundreds when BLK brass was hard to find.
    I don't think hf has had the 25 dollar ones for a while. Closer 40 to 50 but still not bad. Understand that the blade is the first thing to go and replacing it matches none of the directions even the company provides for it.

lakelandmusic

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone make 300 blackout brass from 223? Interested in making some for me? Let me know how much it'll cost
    It really is the way as far as I'm concerned. Brass is horrendously expensive now, and I get unlimited range pickups, usually lake city, which is all I mess with for converting. I like to keep my CPR under .50-.60. I use the Harbor Freight mini saw and a lee trim die. WBT drill chuck for a few thousandths if need be. Dillon swager. Frankford for chamfer and deburring. When you're at the range, and see people shooting 5.56, offer to sweep up their brass for them and tell them you reload. 99 times out of 100 they will say no problem.

Last edited:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    watch some of the converted stuff out there from mixed brass. The neck it too thick on some of it.
    I used a HF chop saw and a jig I picked up on flebay maybe. has a ball detent to hold the case in place. Then we used a Dillon 30 cal trim die to form the neck and more square trimming. Then ran it through 300 dies and did the final trim in a Giraud trimmer. Pretty labor intensive. We picked up 5K LC pulls with damaged necks to use that were already primed

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I don't think hf has had the 25 dollar ones for a while. Closer 40 to 50 but still not bad. Understand that the blade is the first thing to go and replacing it matches none of the directions even the company provides for it.
    The small one to $ 40.00, the larger one is $ 50.00 Then the cost of blades.
    Making a jig to hold a 223 case shouldn't be that hard.
    Research and see if anyone makes a "file & trim die.OR BUY SOME

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Redding makes a file & trim die.

Ryanclay24

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was just going to give you some brass. 20 or 30 pieces. If you want like 100 or more, I wont be much help for amount of brass. :)
    I am just starting to get into reloading. 20 or 30 would be amazing if you still have them. I am currently working on getting some loading equipment.

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The small one to $ 40.00, the larger one is $ 50.00 Then the cost of blades.
    Making a jig to hold a 223 case shouldn't be that hard.
    Research and see if anyone makes a "file & trim die.OR BUY SOME
    Never had to use a jig I just lightly clamped using the saws. Never could figure out how to replace the blade once mine wore out. The directions and YouTube videos led me to a dead-end.

Top Bottom