• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kirbwrx

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I just inherited one of these and was just seeing if any locals had anymore information on them? Was purchased in the early 90s and never shot. Been sitting in a safe and it will be headed my way in a few weeks. Does this take any AK mags (steel, Magpul, etc) or do I need to find certain ones? Thanks in advance for any help.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    It would probably be helpful to have the caliber to track down the details. No bayonet lug and no cleaning rod = post ban gun. Nice looking AK! Good luck!

kirbwrx

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    It would probably be helpful to have the caliber to track down the details. No bayonet lug and no cleaning rod = post ban gun. Nice looking AK! Good luck!
    What do you mean the caliber to track down the details? It's a 7.62 unless I'm missing something

kirbwrx

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    It should take standard AK mags

Hopefully it comes with the box and accessories
    Won't be able to bring the box even if it's there. It's in a commie state and is having to be shipped FFL to FFL. I'll just be happy to get it here and away from those mean people

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Won't be able to bring the box even if it's there. It's in a commie state and is having to be shipped FFL to FFL. I'll just be happy to get it here and away from those mean people

They will ship it in the original box if you have it - and it will always be worth more with it.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Look at the posted picture
    1617372776570.png

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The National Match was a Norinco product, A+. Info at Link, especially post #3 on the models and mag issues you may encounter. The Mag restricting "rivet" in your is old so maybe it "fell out" too. Lol You don't need that rivet in free States where the former AWB expired. If it's accuracy is equal to what is said about them, it well exceeds the average AK. Might be partial truth to the mfrs National Match branding but still a bit short of what NM represents in the U.S.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nice MAK91, I bought one new after the ban in the 90's and still have have it. I have only used Norinco mags in mine and have never had a problem with it. I believe mine has a threaded barrel as I have a flash installed on it since back then. I took it to the GCGF meet up in Jay several years ago and hit the 300yard steel target once every 4-5 shots with open sites and steel case ammo. I dont think the longer barrel helps much with the cheap ammo but Ive never tried good match ammo in it.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nice MAK91, I bought one new after the ban in the 90's and still have have it. I have only used Norinco mags in mine and have never had a problem with it. I believe mine has a threaded barrel as I have a flash installed on it since back then. I took it to the GCGF meet up in Jay several years ago and hit the 300yard steel target once every 4-5 shots with open sites and steel case ammo. I dont think the longer barrel helps much with the cheap ammo but Ive never tried good match ammo in it.
    Try to find some of the German surplus boat tail FMJ x39. I hear its match grade for an AK at surplus prices. There was a guy selling cases of it at a Maine gun show a couple years ago. It's still out there, just gotta find it

Members online

Top Bottom