Patriot Mobile

Magpul Real Steel (RS) verses Pro Training System (PTS)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Magpul Real Steel (RS) verses Pro Training and Simulations (PTS)

Magpul Real Steel (RS) verses Pro Training Simulations (PTS).

At the Panama City show I found two vendors selling Magpul Angled Foregrip (AFG II). The problem is that they do not tell you the version they were selling was not for use on firearms but was intended for Airsoft type training devices. Prices was $26.

In short, Magpul Real Steel (RS) is the only version that Magpul designed for the stresses of firearms. Pro Training Simulations (PTS) is made of a different polymer and will have cheaper hardware.

On the PTS crap I have seen the Magpul Industries name is molded in "backwards" and the AFG is also marked "For training use only". Magpul Customer Service says there is good potential for the PTS version to fail if installed on a real firearm.

Depending on your source either type could cost more or less then the other type.

Check all your Magpull Accessories and replace not speck stuff.

It would suck to have your AR-10 shoulder stock shatter in your ear and find our it is a PTS part.

Buyer Beware!!!!

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good info here, the PTS stuff is very temptingly cheap, but I also understand it should not be relied on.

RIPpff

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    the PTS rear sights are crap, the apeture is loose as hell, the fronts are decent

the ones i had were not labeled ANY different looked identical side to side with real steel, no pts markings they came in one box unlike the originals

Dwatts1984

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMG_20130211_163531.jpg Honestly I threw an Magpul PTS AFG on my Mossberg 715t (actually put a Magpul PTS stock on as well) . Feels great. Feels almost as strong as the American made one. However I don't anticipate any real recoil or combat with the .22 which is why Im running it on there. Allows me to cover those very sharp rails and have a much better grip. Far as I'm concerned... unless your planning on serious tactical/ combat situations... some of the stuff might work for your application..

Im sure many will disagree, just my opinion is all.

Attachments

• IMG_20130211_163531.jpg
      IMG_20130211_163531.jpg
      138.3 KB · Views: 118
    Last edited:

Patoz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I ordered an AFG-2 (from Amazon) by mistake and immediately noticed the differences you mentioned. I compared it side by side to a real one, and other than the 'reverse' mold, and non-plated hardware, it looked OK, but I didn't know about the different polymer used though. I replaced it anyway.

According to Magpul's PTS website, PTS stands for Professional Training & Simulation.

Based in Hong Kong, PTS provides high quality airsoft products suitable for both non-lethal training applications and civilian airsoft sporting use. By maintaining the same basic form and function as Magpul weapon components, PTS equipment allows users to safely practice drills and perform scenarios without the use of live weapons or ammunition.
    http://www.magpul-pts.com/about.html

Robbie2883

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    from what research i did on this i found that the PTS is made with the same materiels, dimensions etc, but the PTS parts are made in china and not up to the same QC

RIPpff

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    my (pts) sights were not labeled PTS, they looked just like the real deal, only with the hardware being not labeled and the apeture being super loose and weak

for thing like afgs. vfg there is nothing that can go wrong, the polymer is still decent

just wouldnt trust the sights/stocks/ect.

most the pts stuff online is made in china unauthorized copies of pts

Top Bottom