Welcome to Gulf Coast Gun Forum

If you are in or near the Gulf Coast this is place for firearms buying/selling & discussions.

Register Log in

M16 grey color parts

Join GulfCoastGunForum For Free

Rebel_Rider1969

Reaction score
Building an A1 (1960's) and need the grey color parts. Dust cover, a1 rear sight, front gas block/ sight with bayonet lug and sling loop, 3 prong flashider, charging handle,rifle lenght gas tube flat handguard ring. Grey bcg, old style grip. Old style canvas sling. 20 rd mags. Also need a lower in the same color. Old and rough? Thats ok. All parts have to be in the colt grey. Thanks. Post up what ya got and how much. Photos too.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
I know where you probably can pick up "some" of your desired items. But to me . . . it is a "all or nothing" thing. (the completed build)
Come over one day and I will take you over there.There WILL be a "finders fee".
Great project James. If completed in <10years you will have a great gun. But to get it as period accurate as possible flying under the ATF paperwork guidelines you should just "bite the bullet" and buy (IF STILL AVAILABLE). Next time over I will show you my gun . . . for ten bucks and a signed and duly notorized paper from your wife. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
So your building a older style AR/M16 style gun ?? Not a "Commando" style carbine,right ?? In my limited expierance,IMO,about 20% of the parts you will need will be fairly hard to find. Especially in the correct color.
There are people here that have quite a bit of expierance doing just this ( not me). --- SAWMAN

Raven

Reaction score
Centerfire Systems has original M16A1 slings for only $1.99 on the home page. I think today only

Rebel_Rider1969

Reaction score
Checked it out, even better till you read the description. Bastards.

Raven

Reaction score
"May or may not be included " I wonder if they'll do a "hand select, best out of ten" for you?

SAWMAN

GCGF Supporter
Reaction score
This "kit" includes some parts that you can get at 1/10the price . . . AND . . . most likely some that have been judiciously faked.
PASS !! --- SAWMAN

Toggle Sidebar