• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Sandspur6

Expert
    Tempting, but I'm headed to CMP at Anniston on Wednesday.

olecarver

Master
    Nothin beats the US made metal guns, Nice rifle Mac. I get rid of all my ammo clips an acc, Then here is a bargin. Someone will get themselves a reliable zombie stopper, an a piece that will keep keeping on for years to come. Built to take a lickin an keep on kickin. olecarver

Bay Ranger

Master
    It has always been a dream to have one of these, however, I have not done enough research and feel comfortable to jump onto this one. I almost bought one in Montgomery several months ago but got cold feet because I don't know enough about them. Mac, if you don't connect with a buyer if you would allow me to come over and look at yours some time? Also, would you consider trade or do you need the cash?

Sandspur6, I've been told that the deals in Anniston are not what they once were. What is your assessment of that statement?

Last edited:

flyandscuba

Master
    The last M1 I bought in Anniston was a service grade .30-06. It had new CMP wood and all Springfield parts in new unissued condition - including a national match barrel and op rod. All for $625 plus $25 shipping. Oneshot on here bought 3 in the same condition.

We are returning to Anniston tomorrow...

Bay Ranger

Master
    Fly....

I would love to hear what you came back with - quality, selection, condition, value, etc. - if you can spare the time. A post would be fine, or you can send me a PM. I may yet make that trip to Anniston.

Thanks.

flyandscuba

Master
    Fly....

I would love to hear what you came back with - quality, selection, condition, value, etc. - if you can spare the time. A post would be fine, or you can send me a PM. I may yet make that trip to Anniston.

Thanks.

All of the Service Grade Springfield Armory rifles were gone, The Field Grade rifles were rough - therefore, you had to step up to a Special Grade rifle to find something decent. With shipping, those go for $1020.

Therefore the H& R that Mac has here is an excellent price! Better get it while it lasts! It shouldn't last long!

oneshot

Master
    I think the M-1 is one of the best there is , love to shoot it ,have several, but if you plan on geting one you need to learn about them, and how to check one out be for you buy, the Cmp guns are soppose to have all been checked out , but that is not all ways right gotten one that I had to work on the fit in the stock, and the recoil spring was broken into two parts, but they will take of that, this one reason I go to Anniston and pick one out if you order one you have to take what they send. and they have things that is not on the web site, this not a big problem but is something that I had to fix, If you get one from a individual, there some other thing you will need to know also, one of the big things is how to check for a reweld Rec. an wear on the parts , check the barrel, you don't want to get one that you have to replace barrel on that you paid to much for, If you can get one right I could be worth replaceing the barrel. this is just part of it. just my 100 pr cent jj

mac the knife

Master
    Yes i would be willing to trade for something that tickles my fancy,, But i dont know what that would be. Im not looking for anything in particular at this time .What ya looking to git rid of ???

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom