• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    @RHINOSWO So many AR platform folks feel that the M-14 and it variants are inferior platforms. Yet in 7.62 x 51 mm only the M-14NM/ M-21/ M-25 have filled the role as designated Sniper Systems in Semiautomatic form. The ill fated M110 and the SEI Crazy Horse have both been superceded in the DM role by the SCAR, yet current Sniper Systems have 1500 yard min requirements so the role of a 7.62 x 51 mm as a Precision Sniper System has ended. But since there hasn't been a single AR 7.62 x 51 mm Sniper System, perhaps those AR Fan Boys have overestimated the AR Platform for such a role, and underestimated the M-14 Platform that actually fulfilled that role. So perhaps the M-25 is the current semiauto best rendition of 7.62 x 51 mm. Perhaps it will be the last to serve in such a role on an actual Battlefield, but since there hasn't been an AR platform on a Battlefield that fulfilled that role! Perhaps those that label the M-14 inferior to AR's should reexamine what a Battle Rifle is? When it comes to 7.62 x 51 mm use on Battlefields the AR platform has been an absolute failure and never came close to a General Issue. Let those opinions fly, but I'll await the factual 7.62 x 51 mm AR's Somehow in the 3 decades I served, I've never been issued a 7.62 x 51 mm AR? Perhaps it's a Navy Thing? Yet I have been issued M-14NM'S & M-25's. YMMV. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M25_Sniper_Weapon_System

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
    Top Bottom