• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    All the scammers are the reason I stopped doing anything thing other than face to face. It’s made a couple of legitimate buyers angry , but I’m not likely do a deal any other way.
    Cash is king for a reason, yessir

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I saw how they do gift card scams once. Not implying anyone here did this btw. But the gift cards are left out in the open in many stores where people have access to them. Never ever buy those. Just buy ones that are in a secure area. The reason why is scammers will steal tons of the empty cards and take them home. They'll scratch each one of them and record the numbers under the zebra stripe. (That's what you call the lotto card like wax that covers the numbers up.) They'll then order some new zebra stripes off online. They'll then replace all the zebra stripes. Then they take them back to the store and mix them in with the others they got them from. Then they sit and wait and keep checking the numbers from home. As soon as one shows a balance They'll either go to the same store and use up it's credit, or they'll sell the credits on sites that exchange them for cash or other credits. Then when you go to use your card it's already been cashed out. Many folks load them and keep them for about a month before gifting them on holidays etc.
    Just something to keep in mind. Those stripes aren't high security. Be aware

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    All the scammers are the reason I stopped doing anything thing other than face to face. It’s made a couple of legitimate buyers angry , but I’m not likely do a deal any other way.
    Bingo!

Set up over the PHONE, and FACE-TO-FACE transaction. EVEN THEN you can get robbed or shot, so...
    (note that Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, etc. are far riskier than here, but GCGF is not IMMUNE)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/6-arrested-for-beating-up-robbing-sellers-on-facebook-marketplace-in-osceola/ar-AAYwbzY

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/13/us/miami-teenager-killed-adidas-trnd/index.html

It's a jungle out there...

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    10 years on here. Never was cheated or burned. Never cheated or burned anyone else. On the AK Files burned once, same dude burned 15 others we got his information and went as far as contacting dudes Dad and he paid each and everyone of us back. Everything on the files is usually PP. Zelle,USPS Mo or cash app. I suppose I have be lucky. Always go with your gut or trusted sources with good reputations.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    If you mention anything guns with Venmo they will block you forever. Same with PayPal. Hopefully you filed a claim and didn't mention what it was.
    The guy you're getting scammedd by probably isn't even the same person for the license. Who knows. Criminals are stupid. I'd send the photo to the sheriff's office. If you don't get any money, get your satisfaction out of it.

Top Bottom