HD Tactical

Losing my hunting lease of 26 years and fighting to save the value of my home and property (Solar Farm)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    LOL... when it comes to corporations, endangered species means nothing when it comes to development of land.

You and I, another story.

In the last twenty years I've seen it first hand right here in central FL, from turtles to wetlands... all it takes is money and dump trucks my friend.
    Yep... want to fill in a mud-puddle in your back yard? Good luck. They call that "wetlands".

Want to bulldoze and fill in 500 acres of swamp for a mall? NO PROBLEMO!

Ozymandias

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    How else would i get to enjoy a shopping trip to Spencer’s, Hot Topic, and enjoy food court chinese food and anne’s pretzels?

Honestly screw that swamp and them gators.

Yep... want to fill in a mud-puddle in your back yard? Good luck. They call that "wetlands".

Want to bulldoze and fill in 500 acres of swamp for a mall? NO PROBLEMO!

skipper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Typical Government/Solar industry overreach that should compensate any that are damaged by their actions or projects such as this. Hard to believe the greenies would cut and clear a forested area to erect a solar farm. They are an ugly site to see. First one I saw was on I-10 going towards I-75. Hopefully you will be compensated for this. The Solar-Holics' are not concerned with the havoc they leave behind. Maybe a Petition could be started here to help publicize this overreach and get the locals there involved. Surely, nobody in the area would want that thing close to them.

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    LOL... when it comes to corporations, endangered species means nothing when it comes to development of land.

In the last twenty years I've seen it first hand right here in central FL, from turtles to wetlands... all it takes is money and dump trucks my friend.

I would like to see an aerial photograph of the area the Ventura ranch has dug up selling sand to The Villages.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Google earth maybe, I don't know how often maps updates the imagery.

If they have been running an earth moving operation out of there I've not seen traffic indicative of such an operation in that specific area. What I see suggests dirt comes in from the south off the TP or 301. I know darn well they used ungodly amounts of earth to fill the area of Chitty-Chatty... I honestly think some of those homes will have foundation problems in the coming years.

Where are they bringing the dirt out?

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If they have been running an earth moving operation out of there I've not seen traffic indicative of such an operation in that specific area. What I see suggests dirt comes in from the south off the TP or 301. I know darn well they used ungodly amounts of earth to fill the area of Chitty-Chatty... I honestly think some of those homes will have foundation problems in the coming years.

Where are they bringing the dirt out?

There is a sign at this location offering fill dirt for sale. The Ventura sold some fill to the Villages, but I don't if it is ongoing.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I've flown over Ventura a few times in our helicopter and it's a beautiful piece of property for sure.

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

In Pace when I started hunting as a young teen, we hunted the whole west side of Woodbine all the way to Quintette. Most of the woods in that area was swamp land, now its fancy dancy subdivisions and businesses. Same thing with the corner of Woodbine/Hwy 90 where the Tom Thumb and McD's is.....before they built there it was all swamp and I wondered how they did that.....then I got older and wiser.....politics at its best

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    In Pace when I started hunting as a young teen, we hunted the whole west side of Woodbine all the way to Quintette. Most of the woods in that area was swamp land, now its fancy dancy subdivisions and businesses. Same thing with the corner of Woodbine/Hwy 90 where the Tom Thumb and McD's is.....before they built there it was all swamp and I wondered how they did that.....then I got older and wiser.....politics at its best
    I remember that

Top Bottom