Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Interested in a single shot 223 rifle

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Hey Sawman I sure wish somebody would make something like what you have with iron sights. Know of anybody doing that? For everybody else who loves single shots, I saw a single shot Henry rifle for sale at Ubers on Fairfield in Pensacola, but if I remember right it was in 357 Magnum. Naomi also had some single shots there with peep sights a while back, out on Ubers floor racks, not on the wall. I've seen quite a few single shots there at Ubers over the years. Its worth giving her a call to see

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This gun was built (by me) using a NEF Survivor chopped to 18 inches. A Survivor forend with small pic rail added for one of my snap on lights. A fwd sling swivel hard point also.
    The top pic rail has been lapped to the bbl. IIRC it is the EGW brand. It is extra long which allows for more scope/sight mounting possibilities.
    The buttdtock is a NEF "youth" stock with the shorter LOP but I also have the longer (regular) stock that I can install.
    This is a 9 twist gun. The action has been tuned for easy open (bbl fall down) and the trigger has been tuned to make it break cleaner and lighter. The forearm has been modded to "float" on the attachment screw and rubber bushing. It does not touch the bbl anywhere else. A repeatable torque value of 30 inch pounds allows this gun to shoot to it's full potential.
    This was a "project gun" for me.
    For the money,NEF made some great guns in MANY different configurations and chamberings. You could quite easily piece them together to your likeing. The action is one of the strongest made and with some tweaking can be made super reliable. It will quite easily handle the pressures of 454Casull,460 and 500 S&W Mag and other 60,000psi+ loads.
    I have owned about 15 of them over the years and they have ultimately all shot good.
    My buddy up in Maine still has his 308 Survivor that is configured similar to mine,that we built up in the late 90's. It has added on ghost ring rear and trijicon big dot front. ---- SAWMAN
    ADDED: Too much info ?? Sorry. Thought that I would give you a overall perspective of the NEF's.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom