Looking to get into rimfire benchrest, and I have questions.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobertTaylor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Wow, that is a deep rabbit hole.
    I have never been so excited to get ammo delivered to the house. I used to order from 2 or 3 different sites. Now I am scouring the web trying to find ammo I had never heard of a month ago.
    Anything in particular you're looking for? I've got a good handful of ammo mine didn't just love

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now that Savage finally sent me a gun that shoots straight I'll probably be at the match on the 22nd. Still getting used to it and trying to find the ammo it really likes but so far the best I've used is SK pistol match special. I've been having a hard time finding other match grade ammo too.

Here is the best target I've done so far with it. The few that are not inside or touching the center circle were my fault. Hope I can do that good at a match, but I'll most likely never do it again!

20150830_094743.jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Now that Savage finally sent me a gun that shoots straight I'll probably be at the match on the 22nd. Still getting used to it and trying to find the ammo it really likes but so far the best I've used is SK pistol match special. I've been having a hard time finding other match grade ammo too.

Here is the best target I've done so far with it. The few that are not inside or touching the center circle were my fault. Hope I can do that good at a match, but I'll most likely never do it again!

View attachment 187604
    Looking good!!

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nice shooting. That "my fault" is the one that will get you every time.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Academy does have the Norma Tac 22. I've used it and it's not bad but in mine but is not as good as the SK.
    I recently got an email from Norma saying they now have a Match grade of ammo I want to try. The only place I can find it is at Norma's website. Since I'm only "trying" I just want a few boxes and Norma wants $20 shipping so it's not worth it for 2 or 3 boxes. I'll wait until I see it in a store or somewhere else online while I'm ordering other things too.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I don't know how you are mounting your rifle...trigger hand with thumb over the top of the stock or running down the edge under the bolt lift. You might try putting your thumb behind the trigger guard and pinch the trigger like that. You can also use your thumb to check and make sure your stock is on the stop if you are using a higher end front rest. Assuming you have rear support of course.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Do you avoid caffeine the morning of the match? Not me, personally I'm going to drink my coffee, but some do. Interestingly, you can do everything right as all have said above, and one little puff of wind half way down range to the target just as you're pulling the trigger can screw it all up, lol.

Top Bottom