• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You are entirely correct sir. I’ve built expensive AR’s and cheap AR’s. The worst malfunction that I’ve had on AR was in firefight in Iraq. The damn bolt jammed up on sand and stuck half way into the buffer tube. Forward assist didn’t help, and I couldn’t break it open, I pounded it on the ground until I gave up and used an AK. Maybe the new KAC sand cutter bcg would have helped. But that was an FN m16a4.
    So I’ve never had a malfunction based off a PSA lower. Most malfunctions have been magazine issues. But I hate seeing that damn PSA logo on my $300 AR’s and my $3k AR’s I even bought the “stealth” PSA lowers, and it still bothers me
    They had the Let’s Go Brandon ones a while back but I didn’t! Or maybe it was a little more explicit! I didn’t watch the state of the Union last night but did see the hard dig on the 2nd amendment, of course! And something about supporting the Uranians! True!

speany

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I feel shitty posting this, but I’m looking to buy a name brand ar lower. I know that I can get a complete PSA lower for $149, but my pride is getting in the way. I’m tired of putting PSA lowers on $1,000 uppers, so I’m looking for a better brand lower for my next build. LWRC and Sig would be my preferred, since I Have both those complete uppers sitting on PSA lowers right now. As a matter of being OCD, I would like a lower of the same manufacturer, even if they are the same specs as PSA. I would consider lowers of other brands, but I’m getting tired of using PSA lowers. I would buy a complete lower or stripped lower, depending on the price.
    I would sell the Sig and LWRC uppers, sell the two PSA lowers take the money and buy a 13.9 Blackout Defense Quantum Mark 2 with a pinned and welded Dead Air brake and the Flat 3.5 lb trigger. Looking at between $2k - $2.5k depending on options.

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    I would sell the Sig and LWRC uppers, sell the two PSA lowers take the money and buy a 13.9 Blackout Defense Quantum Mark 2 with a pinned and welded Dead Air brake and the Flat 3.5 lb trigger. Looking at between $2k - $2.5k depending on options.
    I hadn’t heard of that rifle before. It looks pretty, but it’s pretty pricy for a DI AR, from a company that isn’t extremely well known. Pretty cool that they make everything in house, not many manufacturers do that. I’ll have to research that model a bit.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    If your really looking for quality and money is no option then just make your own, get a 80% arms kit for $499.96 it comes with one 80% and the everything you need to finish it. Then add you favorite trigger and lower parts. You just might be able to keep the budget under $1000 after you cerakote.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    @Grits1/5

I don't know what is considered name brand, but I have a spikes and love it. :)

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If you are so concerned about "status symbol" markings, do as one suggested, sell everything and buy your " $$$$ status symbol" weapon.
    A dollar to a doughnut hole says that put in the hands of an expert AR marksman that any combo of $ lowers and $$$$ uppers you have will group as well as the $$$$$ name brand AR.
    And, what do you use your AR's for ?? "zombie" killing at (+-) 25 yds, some form of the 3 gun at what, (+-) 100 yds, or maybe Nat. Match course ending up at 600 Yds ??
    FUNCTION OVER FORM

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    About API .
    I'm reminded of a scene from "The Dirty Dozen" where Donald Southerland is playing a General and inspecting some white gloved "spit and polish" troops , and he turns to Robert Ryan and says, "mighty petty Col. BUT CAN THEY FIGHT"

Top Bottom