• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chief_Eddie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Looking for some suggestions and advice on an AR 15 complete lower. I am looking to buy one, but not really sure on what is good or not so good. Not looking for a low budget lower, want something that is of good quality. Any suggestions or past experience would be great.
    FYI, I just bougt a new Bear Creek .223 Wylde upper, so it will shoot both 5.56 and .223 . So want something to go with this.

Thanks for you advice
    Chief Eddie

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Chief,
    Just a little reality check
    Do you have a lot of disposable funds;$$$$ ? Cost is Apx. $ 1.00 a round.
    Do you reload for the 223 ?
    Do you have at least 3 pounds of powder suitable for reloading a 223, and at least 1000 SRP's ?
    There is probably ?? light at the end of tunnel for ammo & supplies, what the new prices will be ,at this point no one knows.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Any lower will work for you, there were a couple listed on here. As JW said those are all good to go. Get it made and as you are doing that look for ammo...Good luck

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    What does the above have to do with a complete lower?
    Why build something if you can't use it ? Kinda like building a race car and finding there are no race tires available , or race gas .
    How many posts are there where a member posts " Just bought xxx rifle chambered in ooo . Where can I find ammo ??
    If the OP has lots of $$$, or, reloads and has the supplies, then he is good to go.

Chief_Eddie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Chief,
    Just a little reality check
    Do you have a lot of disposable funds;$$$$ ? Cost is Apx. $ 1.00 a round.
    Do you reload for the 223 ?
    Do you have at least 3 pounds of powder suitable for reloading a 223, and at least 1000 SRP's ?
    There is probably ?? light at the end of tunnel for ammo & supplies, what the new prices will be ,at this point no one knows.

Thanks for your reply. I don't reload and have been fortunate to have a few disposable funds, and the opportunity to stock up on ammo. No desire to reload is maybe what you are suggesting. Just wanted some local advise / experienced with a quality lower, there are many out there and just want something better than your run of the mill budget lower.
    Thank you

Chief_Eddie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Why build something if you can't use it ? Kinda like building a race car and finding there are no race tires available , or race gas .
    How many posts are there where a member posts " Just bought xxx rifle chambered in ooo . Where can I find ammo ??
    If the OP has lots of $$$, or, reloads and has the supplies, then he is good to go.

I have no problem using it, my original intention was to switch it out and use it on one of my other AR lowers, I have several, and I believe all are 5.56. This is both .223 and 5.56 so I was wanting to buy another lower to mount it on. I have both .223 and 5.56 ammo, so that is not an issue if I want to use it.
    in the past I have never just bought a lower, so just wanted some recommendations.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I bet you're fun at parties...
    Anywho, good luck on the build Chief.

Reactions: FLT

DoubleTa

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You've already bought yourself a budget upper, find any stripped forged 7075 lower that fits in your budget and build it with quality parts. Andersons catch hell but they work great. They're in spec, forged 7075 lowers just like the fancy name brand stuff. With prices being what they are now, why spend more on a better lower when you already went budget with the upper? My opinion with home builds are, put the money into quality parts that actually matter. Barrel, gas system, BCG, LPK. All the upper and lower do is hold your parts that actually make a decent gun. Stay away from polymer lowers for longevity sake but try not to get hung up on brand names. Forged 7075 T-6 lower and the brand name of whatever you can afford.

Chief_Eddie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You've already bought yourself a budget upper, find any stripped forged 7075 lower that fits in your budget and build it with quality parts. Andersons catch hell but they work great. They're in spec, forged 7075 lowers just like the fancy name brand stuff. With prices being what they are now, why spend more on a better lower when you already went budget with the upper? My opinion with home builds are, put the money into quality parts that actually matter. Barrel, gas system, BCG, LPK. All the upper and lower do is hold your parts that actually make a decent gun. Stay away from polymer lowers for longevity sake but try not to get hung up on brand names. Forged 7075 T-6 lower and the brand name of whatever you can afford.

TY

Pappasmurf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    There is a complete lower for sale in these forums and some with people willing to part their weapons for sale. I agree with the above statement about Andersons. I have built 6 AR's on Anderson lower and 4 of them are running like champs, the other 2 were delivered yesterday to socalpig (another member on here). If you can't find one that you want, buy the pieces and I would be more than happy to show you how to build them and you can even use my tools.

Top Bottom