• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'd like to upgrade the trigger in my SIG M400. This AR is setup mostly for target work between 100-200 yards.
    I've been considering the Geissele Hi-Speed National Match - Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) trigger.

Was wondering what the thoughts were out there as far as other consideration? Is this even the right trigger for that kind of shooting.

From my novice reading, it seems to be a good match. The price is a little steep, but I also recognize that this kind of stuff is a "get what you pay for" kind of world....

Open to suggestions....

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My application for my AR is (kinda)the same as yours...only...my shooting is done from a shooting house,tree stand,or on sticks(bipod). A couple of the weak points to all AR's is the bbl,and the trigger. For me it is the Geissele SDE(Super Dynamic Enhanced). I absolutely love it's flat face that has been polished(by me)to a super smooth satin feel.

I have also shot AR's with the Geissele SSA-E triggers that have a curved face. They all perform excellent, however my personal preference is the flat(polished)trigger face.

Check around thru out the net. I got mine on sale from Palmetto State Armory. Mine was just over $200. I have seen the SSA-E's around $180.

Put in a Geissele. You WILL NOT be sorry. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

jpwalnuthill

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a SSA-E in one lower, and just ordered a SSA for the other. You will not be sorry you spent the money. The only bad thing is that you won't be satisfied with anything less after you shoot a weapon with one of these triggers installed. The SSA is 1 lb. heavier. I like this trigger for hunting. The SSA-E is a better target trigger IMHO. Jeff

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had a Geiselle Hi-Speed DMR since 2008, its an excellent trigger and still works flawlessly despite a heavy round count.

The SSA is a better value in my opinion though.

If our schedules mesh up, your welcome to demo it.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Good info! and thanks for the offer Gravity.

I'm sure it's pretty obvious that I'm quite the novice in the firearms department. I shoot (and reload) purely for recreation and relaxation. I've done some reading, in quite a few places, about triggers and all other sorts of stuff. Most places tend to look down on folks (like me) who don't "use ARs for their intended purpose". So getting info in a relaxed forum is sure helpful.

I understand the basics of my AR’s limitations and don't expect it to be something it's not. I think at this point, it will shoot as well as I can, and I could see improvements with something as “fundamentally complex” as a trigger. I’ve made a bad habit of making some hobbies a chore (turning weekend fishing into a tournament style grind for instance) and I’d like to keep this one fun. Provided the liberals don’t ruin it for all of us.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Miles at Tradewinds had one yesterday under the glass. Not sure which one but you could give him a call.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My application for my AR is (kinda)the same as yours...only...my shooting is done from a shooting house,tree stand,or on sticks(bipod). A couple of the weak points to all AR's is the bbl,and the trigger. For me it is the Geissele SDE(Super Dynamic Enhanced). I absolutely love it's flat face that has been polished(by me)to a super smooth satin feel.

I have also shot AR's with the Geissele SSA-E triggers that have a curved face. They all perform excellent, however my personal preference is the flat(polished)trigger face.

Check around thru out the net. I got mine on sale from Palmetto State Armory. Mine was just over $200. I have seen the SSA-E's around $180.

Put in a Geissele. You WILL NOT be sorry. --- SAWMAN

I've got a lower built except for the trigger and I'm planning on putting an SD-E in it. Just have to wait until that becomes a higher priority than it is right now.

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a Jewel, or did before the canoeing accident. I would not recommend that brand. While it works great once installed installing it is a real pain, I actually had to take it to a gunsmith because I couldn't get it installed right, and I'm no mechanical idiot, an idiot in other realms but not in mechanics.

Rick

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have a Jewel, or did before the canoeing accident. I would not recommend that brand. While it works great once installed installing it is a real pain, I actually had to take it to a gunsmith because I couldn't get it installed right, and I'm no mechanical idiot, an idiot in other realms but not in mechanics.

Rick

Is that the one that looks like it's got a saw blade on the side of it?

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is that the one that looks like it's got a saw blade on the side of it?

That's the one. The little "sawblade" is actually a notched wheel that you put a spring leg into to adjust the weight. I screwed with it for weeks and finally took it to the late Niles at Uber's and he got it installed and working properly.

While I'm not a fan of the company RRA triggers seem to have the best following.

Rick

davidrowe

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My personal preference is the American Trigger AR Gold, no creep, very little take up, and fast reset. Its totally a drop in trigger. Best $279 I have ever put into any of my AR platforms.

HideBuster

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The ar gold is supposed to be a very nice piece. I just can't get past the gold trigger. Lol. This isn't a browning!

Top Bottom