• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Well after having my lease for 26 years it’s came to an end as of today, with all the solar farm talk going around, and it’s looking like it’s probably going to happen, the guys I’ve hunted with a long time has called it quits, I’m down to just 2 or 3 members now and I’ve decided to terminate the contract with timber company. Been busy taking down ladder stands and tripods and this evening got two shooting houses down with front end loader on my tractor, got several more to take down and about 18 gates to remove and a clubhouse to tear down, all by my lonesome self. May just destroy some of the deer stands on site as I’m overwhelmed. Looking for a place to hunt in south Covington County if any of you guys hunt in the area and need a member, I have several tractors and all types of equipment including a backhoe so I’d be a “working member” rather than one that pays his dues and never works but always shows up to hunt.

sj1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There's an ad on Facebook Marketplace for a lease in Florala. I don't know anything about it, but it's in the general area.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    We all got old and gave up our lease of 32 years about 3 or 4 years ago.
    It’s amazing how much work it is to close it down. We actually gave a lot of stuff to the young guys that took it over.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    There's an ad on Facebook Marketplace for a lease in Florala. I don't know anything about it, but it's in the general area.
    I’ve seen that on FB, the dues they’re asking is way more than I want to pay and knowing the area it’s not anything special

Reactions: sj1

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    We all got old and gave up our lease of 32 years about 3 or 4 years ago.
    It’s amazing how much work it is to close it down. We actually gave a lot of stuff to the young guys that took it over.
    I don’t plant to leave anything that will be usable , what shooting houses I can’t get to by May 31st will be destroyed or given to anybody local that wants to get them. and about 25 gates that I built out of pipe will be removed too. I may just take a break and not hunt the 2023-24 season as this ordeal is wearing me down and sick of it.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sorry to hear that... hunting good land gets harder and harder with the passing of each season.

I have not heard yet but I am looking at losing 1/2 of a 110 acre lease that borders my 63 acres due to a dump station for the rest area on I-10, fortunately it's a half that I don't hunt. Another plus is if I do lose it, it will be state owned property with no hunting/trespassing so it won't really bother my hunting.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I don’t plant to leave anything that will be usable , what shooting houses I can’t get to by May 31st will be destroyed or given to anybody local that wants to get them. and about 25 gates that I built out of pipe will be removed too. I may just take a break and not hunt the 2023-24 season as this ordeal is wearing me down and sick of it.
    If I was home I'd come help. Hate that ya lost out to these bastards.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    If I was home I'd come help. Hate that ya lost out to these bastards.
    Solar Farm is not a definite thing yet, permit not filed with ADEM yet, just environmental surveys being done. I had 2 leases that joined side by side, a member of my club that is a retired medical professional called one of my timber company lease holders and stirred the pot saying that I was going to prohibit them from selling their land to the Solar Farm project if it goes ahead, this guy who I considered to be a very good friend under mined me and got that lease out from under me so that left me with the other timber company lease on the east side. Members were and are upset with club being split up because of his actions , so I’m left with an 880 acre lease I can’t pay for as my members/friends have bailed out since club has gotten busted up. I’ve got basically 2 weeks to pay about $10,300 to keep that 880 acres or let it go up on the auction block to the highest bidder. Damn shame I’ve worked so hard to manage the property for 25 hunting seasons, deer are abundant and lots of turkeys too. The double crosser that swindled me out of the lease on the west side is getting his upper class membership I’ve been told. If anybody reading this would like to chip in on the 880 acre lease to retain it then send me a PM, it’s in Covington County AL between Andalusia and Opp, south of Sanford, north of Florala, west side of the Yellow River.

Top Bottom