• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Remember also ---> wearing any kind of strap,especially the heavily padded variety,will change your eye relief of your rifle scope. It will also make the buttstock of your long gun slip around on your shoulder. I have known several people that acquired "scope eye" from this.
    Try to get a rig that the single shoulder strap goes over your weak shoulder.
    I seldom carry a long gun when carring a pistol. Just too much "STUFF". I deceide where I will hunt,wood walk,etc,then arm accordingly.
    My chest rigs do exactly what is needed. Nothing fancy ... just functional.
    Nowadays hunting revo's only. Need another rig to carry my 6.5" Ruger Blackhawk. My Glock 20 is gone. --- SAWMAN

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A+ for alien gear. Been using for over 9 years, have quite a few, broken 3 shells at work. Sent email with pic and had new ones in a few days. Great product, warranty and quality. They are fully adjustable for cant, height and retention. Price is right too.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Looks promising. For me, a chest holster makes sense with a scoped revolver or T/C. Otherwise I’m more of a cross-draw or strong-side for field use. If a long-gun is in play, then scratch strong-side.
    Which is why when I was active duty Marines in my regiment (if not my whole division) who were issued rifles didn't get issued pistols. Only SNCO and up, corpsmen and radio operators got handguns. Men who had their hands full and couldn't handle a rifle along with the gear. This concept of EVERYBODY just absolutely having to have a pistol and a rifle is relatively new. Not only does it weigh you down but it doubles the logistics headache.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Might try this one. I think with some tinkering it may be good.
    Picked this up today. Test driving, so far it's good. No damm instructions!

One issue, can't can't the draw angle or i haven't figured it out yet? Straight up and down. The butt of the g21 sticks over the frame, a little difficult to pull the weather cover off. The strap, band covers the trigger guard perfect.

Attachments

• 20220207_221837.jpg
      20220207_221837.jpg
      362 KB · Views: 76
    Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Picked this up today. Test driving, so far it's good. No damm instructions!

One issue, can't can't the draw angle or i haven't figured it out yet? Straight up and down. The butt of the g21 sticks over the frame, a little difficult to pull the weather cover off. The strap, band covers the trigger guard perfect.
    Yeah definitely not made for drawing fast. Or low crawling. Or wearing with any kind of bag or vest. Would a shoulder holster be better? Maybe one of the tshirt holsters with the pistol pockets sewn into the rib area and spandex'd for retentention? Bonus is there's no straps or buckles to get in the way. I've got one of these shirts from Tru Spec that I like the fit on a lot better than the shirt holsters made by 5:11. These are made as an undergarment, but there's nothing saying a tshirt/holster/printing can't be out in the open when hunting
    Screenshot_20220208-011852_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220208-011905_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had one of those 5.11 holster shirts. Even in the winter, I couldn't stand to wear it. It was like wearing a black trash bag... too damn hot and it didn't breathe. I was constantly a sweaty mess under that thing. It was so bad I didn't even want to give it to a friend so I just trashed it.

I haven't tried another brand of the same type system, but I'd be interested in hearing how they compare.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Give me a long gun and replace the pistol AND IT'S AMMO,with extra ammo for the long gun ... ANYDAY !!! ---- SAWMAN

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I had one of those 5.11 holster shirts. Even in the winter, I couldn't stand to wear it. It was like wearing a black trash bag... too damn hot and it didn't breathe. I was constantly a sweaty mess under that thing. It was so bad I didn't even want to give it to a friend so I just trashed it.

I haven't tried another brand of the same type system, but I'd be interested in hearing how they compare.
    TruSpec fits much better than 5:11. The 5:11 with a G19 prints thru an over shirt more than the TruSpec too

Last edited:
    Top Bottom