• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Hunting, general fantasy nonsense.
    Alien gear holster. Extra shell mounts run around $20. So one harness would fit multiple guns, ie g20, g21, g17, 1911, revolver etc. Anybody used one?? Thanks J

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hunting, general fantasy nonsense.
    Alien gear holster. Extra shell mounts run around $20. So one harness would fit multiple guns, ie g20, g21, g17, 1911, revolver etc. Anybody used one?? Thanks J

I purchased a Diamond D for my Desert Eagle 44 mag and absolutely love it. Big gun and this makes it super comfortable to carry. Only draw back was the price. I then bought a cordura rig that I found on Instagram for my Sig 220 10mm again a heavy gun , wish I had saved my money it was flimsy and not comfortable. Alien Gear makes good products so I might have to look into this. As for a chest rig I am totally sold on them.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I personally don’t like kydex but that’s a personal choice.
    That Diamond D looks nice. Did you get the cordura or the leather?

Dirtmover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Bodhi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If kydex is your thing, these guys are supposedly the bomb when it comes to chest holster systems:

There are other systems out there, but they use leather.

You should check out: mangearalaska.com, this setup is a favorite with a lot of bush pilots in Alaska.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I personally don’t like kydex but that’s a personal choice.
    That Diamond D looks nice. Did you get the cordura or the leather?
    Both are Diamond D but there seems to be a big difference in the two company’s. The leather one that is for my Desert Eagle is superior quality, but $285.00 and 8 to 12 week delivery. The black cordura was $85.00 ,should have known better but live and learn. The cordura one is like you see at the gun shows on the piled up tables

Attachments

• CA428D14-328C-45AE-941C-236F3CE83A0F.jpeg
      CA428D14-328C-45AE-941C-236F3CE83A0F.jpeg
      2 MB · Views: 88
    • 4D9A8CFC-E67E-4F22-A557-0CF293550CDF.jpeg
      4D9A8CFC-E67E-4F22-A557-0CF293550CDF.jpeg
      1.8 MB · Views: 101

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Think I'll get the alien gear one. Can buy holsters that fit other toys for about $20 each. Swap out and go.
    Well maybe not, it appears the auto and revolver shells use a different base and are not interchangeable. That's just dumb. So it's get one that only fits autos or one that only fits revolvers. ( shells)

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Yeah I have the older style alien gear inside the pants rig and love it. Thought I would eventually order a revolver shell but nope can’t. Still, it is super comfortable and the G19 shell I have fits my SW9, G19, PPQ, and XDm. Also like the fact I can adjust the tension in the clips with an Allen wrench.
    image.jpg

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Yep confirmed by email. Sucks. We'll can carry different autos g20,21 same carrier. G17 $ or 1911 $. Hate to buy 2 just for snake season.

James,

Thank you for contacting Alien Gear Holsters.

Unfortunately, revolver shells cannot be swapped with semi-automatic holster shells because the screw patterns do not match. Regarding anything sizing with our holsters, please measure as shown in the example on the webpage; our #1 reason for returns on items such as this is due to measurements.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went a bit of an unconventional route. Made a rig out of polypropylene straps that allows me to easily attach and use it with quite a few of my leather "hip" holsters using the existing belt slots. May not be factory made, but it works just fine for me.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Check out the Bianchi Ranger (if they still make them) line of holsters.
    I have has one for years. Bought it for my Desert Eagle. Will fit my Glock 20 and ny newer Ruger Blackhawk (6.5"). ---- SAWMAN
    ADDED: EXTREMELY comfortable chest rig. Highly adjustable. Great retension.
    Unknown if made for the lefties also. ---- SAWMAN

Last edited:

McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    You should get the alien gear.. matter of fact get 2 and I’ll test it with you

I was also looking at one of those the other days :)

Squidge

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    The ad (claiming how great the chest holster is for wearing a pack) neglects to mention how the chest holster would for sure get in the way of all of our packs' chest straps... and I don't know about you, but I use my chest straps way way way more than my waist straps. In fact I tend to remove or tuck away my day packs' and 3 day packs' seat belts all together. The military solved this problem of holsters getting in the way of packs (and LBV's and body armor) with high quality modular QD drop leg holsters. And nevermind the larger packs, who's big huge foam seat belts now have MOLLE for going with QD holsters strapped on to the outside of the pack seat belt itself. Just QD the holster when you drop your pack and QD it back on your regular hip belt. Another thing you'll want to consider is that these chest holster straps still go around your upper body, so even though the holster itself isn't under a pack shoulder strap, the chest holster harness straps will be under the pack shoulder straps... and depending on the weight of your pack and how far you gotta go those straps under straps are going to rub you raw. Point in fact is how the new combat shirts made just for use under heavy body armor and packs don't even have sewing seams where the pack straps sit. Now don't get me wrong... I own several shoulder holsters and one of my all time favorites is a well padded nylon affair with quite the harness... but I'd never march with it under a pack for any distance

Screenshot_20211220-031838_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom