• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joebow09

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    really? what is the advantage of a long slide...I have a glock 21... looking to possibly hunt with it, and I noticed in a few articles across the wide world web theyre using longslides?
    any help or answers would be helpful.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Firstly,as with rifles,legnth of bbl has nothing to do with accuracy. The rest......as stated by F&S in his above post #4. I would also add,less muzzle rise/flip.

I use a 6" bbl in my hunting Glock 20 for the added velocity thing. I would absolutely love to get a slide to match it. --- SAWMAN

steve

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saw,

"Firstly,as with rifles,legnth of bbl has nothing to do with accuracy."

WHAT??? You are telling us that the length of the bbl has nothing to do with accuracy. So in your opinion a .44 with a 2" bbl is as accurate as one with a 10 1/2" bbl? Same everything except bbl length and in your opinion "same accuracy"? Please explain as I am curious how you came up with that! (No disrespect intended)

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    No disrespect taken......I am just stating that the shear LENGHT of the bbl has nothing to do with the accuracy. The makeup and/or quality of the bbl DOES. The length of the bbl will probably have allot to do with the shooters accuracy however.

Everything else being equal.....lock two identical weapons in a Ransom Rest...one with a 8" bbl and the other with a 4" bbl. Shoot both the guns in this manner. The accuracy will be equal. NOT the velocity however. Same with rifles. Velocity yes....accuracy no.

Hears another one to ponder.....a shotguns bbl length has nothing to do with the pattern OR accuracy. --- SAWMAN

joebow09

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does higher velocity equal accuracy?
    higher velocity will have better knockdown power further out.
    I guess the longer barrel would stabilize the bullet longer and in return give a flatter trajectory, but then it would determine the round as to how long it would stay flat right?

A gun totin' son of a gun...

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Higher velocity does not equal accuracy either. Case in point......Quigley Down Under. Yeah that was off somewhat,however there are matches shot with the 45-70,45-90 and 45-110's at ungodly ranges. These bullets are super slow compaired to the modern chamberings and their bullet launch speed. As long as you know your bullets drop at the different ranges,shear velocity is somewhat a moot point as far as hitting the target.

The higher velocity that the bullet is moving, given bullets of the same weight,the faster one will have more "knockdown power".

The length of he bbl has extremely little to do with bullet stability. Only forward velocity and rotational velocity determines this.

No bullet,no matter what the velocity is, shoots("stays")flat. They all start dropping just as soon as they exit the bbl. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom