• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steponapoptop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I need a dealer who has a good selection and is willing to deliver and setup a safe. Of course I want a great price :) Thought Black Friday might be a good time. I read several posts about companies delivering, like Scott's, Tractor Supply, Mike Ward's, et set but I need them to bring it in the house and set it up too. I guess I could hire someone to do that for me but I thought getting my dealer to do it would be "safer." I am looking to spend something near $1,000 or more. Anybody buy one in the past year and have it installed? Any information is helpful.

wareagle50

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mike wards in mobile will deliver for free and set up up to 50 miles. Then I think it's like $2 a mile after. They sell higher end safes than Tractor supply. But the also don't charge Florida residents sales tax so that's a chunk of savings also.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got mine from Mikes here in Pensacola, they delivered it and brought it in without any damage or issues. The price was right including the delivery. There was no way that I was getting it in the house without damaging something...

gendoc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mike wards in mobile will deliver for free and set up up to 50 miles. Then I think it's like $2 a mile after. They sell higher end safes than Tractor supply. But the also don't charge Florida residents sales tax so that's a chunk of savings also.

mike wards in mobile has professional handlers and equipment. they have always done my family and i excellent.
    I did try mike's in p'cola last year for a quick fix........ I should have remembered what my dad told me 50yrs ago.
    "expect to get what the time frame allows"...... mike ward's #1 also has great service after the sale !!!

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    The $1,000 safes probably don't weigh 600 lbs. 2 or 3 guys and a heavy-duty dolly can easily handle that.
    4 of us just moved one that weighed over 800 lbs and it wasn't bad. Really could have done it with 3.
    Expect to pay $300 plus to have one delivered.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea mine had a deer etched on the frount glass and a pull out bottom drawer! :brick:

captmoa

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not a wooden one with glass. Zanotti Armor, Dakota and SnapSafe are a few companies I've seen online. Just was wondering if anyone has any experience with a modular safe.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Never heard of them. How do you put them together, with what? I don't see how they could be very secure .

Top Bottom