• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Seen this. Great looking lead in the size that is easy to handle and drop into the pot.
    I believe that he has hard and soft,both. ( Maybe take your tester) But will default to jj on this one. --- SAWMAN

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok , I’ll give you a call this a.m. Thanks!

Did you ever get up with JJ. I need some lead for reloading some buckshot as well. I have some dive weights I could trade for anyone willing to make some shot.

I have all the tools to reload shells. Just been collecting dust. But at over $1.00 per round for the cheap stuff right now, looks like I'm blowing the dust off the MEC to load up some shells. Have everything but the shot and I really don't need to get into melting and molding my own lead yet. I've already taken this reloading stuff beyond what I ever thought I would. I type this as I listen to about 750 45 ACP brass wet tumble behind me.

trogers

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I did. I had a great time over there. We loaded and shot some 12 g and 9mm. He has a ton of lead for melting. My buckshot mold got delivered last night. Thing is, it didn’t come with handles. So, I’ve got to order those.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This has gotten me interested and I ordered a lee mold in OOO that casts 18 and now I am looking into what I need. I hope to be able to use range lead. I need to do some investment in equipment. A good oven thermometer and toaster oven to cure plated bullet. A way to preheat the mold, and then low base wad shells, primers, the right shot wads, powder, and willingness to experiment a little. I would like to able build up a reasonable amount of buckshot loaded shells. This is not for hunting. A pump shotgun is what I keep loaded for self defense.
    I might use a duplex shot load. Maybe 6 or 8 #000 and then some smaller shot mixed in. All of this is incase the democraps ban some of my other guns.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Buy the cheap bulk, open, insert buckshot. Done.
    It was a standard practice to breakopen a birdshot load and put in buckshot. The cheapest loaded 12 gauge shell are loaded with 1 oz of #8 dove loads. It will work, but the amount of buckshot you will get into a 1 oz shot gun is not great. Also the loads will be lower velocity.
    If you want slug like ballistics and take the shot out and mix it with wax and put it back inside the shot cup.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This has gotten me interested and I ordered a lee mold in OOO that casts 18 and now I am looking into what I need. I hope to be able to use range lead. I need to do some investment in equipment. A good oven thermometer and toaster oven to cure plated bullet. A way to preheat the mold, and then low base wad shells, primers, the right shot wads, powder, and willingness to experiment a little. I would like to able build up a reasonable amount of buckshot loaded shells. This is not for hunting. A pump shotgun is what I keep loaded for self defense.
    I might use a duplex shot load. Maybe 6 or 8 #000 and then some smaller shot mixed in. All of this is incase the democraps ban some of my other guns.

Where did you find your mould...? Looking for a 00 buck one and on amazon its about $80 w/o handles....dang price shot up from about $50 a while ago.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Where did you find your mould...? Looking for a 00 buck one and on amazon its about $80 w/o handles....dang price shot up from about $50 a while ago.
    MidwayUSA sold me this Lee mold. I forgot to get handles. I had wait a while for it to come into stock.
    The nice thing about 000 buck is that you do not have to cast too many for a full load of 8 and I understand you can get more into a shell. 8x 70 grains is 560 or about 1.28 oz. Hunters for years would take standard birdshot hunting loads and substitute the 000 for the shot.
    With Biden and ATF going after semi-autos, the 12 ga shotgun loaded with buckshot may become a viable option for defense. I expect crime to shoot up exponentially if Biden gets elected.

When I have time I will set up for casting. Maybe we can have a weekend buckshot casting get togethers to melt range lead and cast buckshot. I am thinking of a duplex load of say 4-6 OOO and make the rest of the load hard number #4 buck.

I believe 000 with a patch might work in a .36 Navy colt. Anyone here know.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just checked and Midwayusa says out of stock and no reorder for that mold
    From ebay I just ordered the handles. The mold is available elsewhere.

Order total: $26.65 includes tax and shipping
    LEE 90005 6 CAVITY BULLET MOLD HANDLES *COMMERCIAL MOLD HANDLES*

Guaranteed delivery by Mon, Nov 2.

bowfreak

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    I have a source in Pensacola I believe the fella owns or runs a recycling yard and he sells and gets like 75 cents a pound roughly I don't I don't remember it's been a while since I've bought in them if you want the numbers PM me and I'll send it to you

Top Bottom