• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    imagejpeg_0.jpg

From the looks of her, she was a Prolific Piglet Producing Pig. I sent a report and picture to the farmer...it's good to keep him informed we are out trying to help him and to keep in his good graces (also sent a copy to the farmer we are in contact with about going on his field...permission still pending). I asked Sawman what the other hogs did. He said they scattered at first and then ran to the far edge of the field and stopped (out of night shooting range) probably because there was no lead sow to tell them what to do next. They eventually left the field and went into the eastern woods.

Interesting and unusual, but near the end of the stalk, the wind was at Sawman's back and the hogs had moved into the downwind scent path, but didn't spook. Sawman must've Finally taken a shower.

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpg
      imagejpeg_0.jpg
      129.8 KB · Views: 165

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Hell yeah ..... ! ..... just had a shower last Saturday so was still ... ummmmmmm ... "good to go".

Was hard at first to ID the lead sow. Watched them off and on for a total of about 15 minutes so might have got it right. At the shot I was watching the sow that I hit,however I could see the others. Two of the adults went NE and the shoats and another 2 or 3 grown ups went to the SE. When they all got to the edge of the planted pines the two groups were 100yds apart. They just stood there looking and milling around. They came together again before they WALKED off into the trees.

This open field hunting is absolutely great. Now I understand how them Ta-Haas boys do it(and love it). Last night,with the right gun and hi-cap mag,I could have caused some real carnage in them peanut fields if we were in the "buisness" of eradication. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    redneck, where you was when I was looking for "volunteers" to help me sight in the above 10ga. I asked Denny and he always managed to be off somewhere fishin'.

And to think ........ people actually ask me why I chose a open red dot over a low powered scope. (???) --- SAWMAN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    View attachment 32744

From the looks of her, she was a Prolific Piglet Producing Pig. I sent a report and picture to the farmer...it's good to keep him informed we are out trying to help him and to keep in his good graces (also sent a copy to the farmer we are in contact with about going on his field...permission still pending). I asked Sawman what the other hogs did. He said they scattered at first and then ran to the far edge of the field and stopped (out of night shooting range) probably because there was no lead sow to tell them what to do next. They eventually left the field and went into the eastern woods.

Interesting and unusual, but near the end of the stalk, the wind was at Sawman's back and the hogs had moved into the downwind scent path, but didn't spook. Sawman must've Finally taken a shower.
    Oh heck! Daezee maybe you could help educate this young doe on how to do some money shots when I see ya! :)

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Top Bottom