• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Bruce and I got to the fields at 2100. By then it was fairly cool. In the next several hours the temp would 9drop another couple degrees. I believe my truck showed 74 when we left.
    Bruce sat in one spot,on top of a tall pile of dirt that offeres a great vantage point. I moved north in my buggy about a mile,watching a series of fields into the wind.
    Tons of deer in the peanuts. At one point I had to take some time to positively ID every target to confirm deer vs hog feeding in the middle like several nights ago.
    The moon came up about 2340 so we called it a night. Even though it was only half full it was fairly bright. Using thermal, complete darkness and the correct wind is your best'est friend. ---- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Watched what I felt was a trophy buck for this area. Couldn't count the points for sure, but the antlers were tall and wide with long tines. He walked within 50 yd of me, followed by a smaller 6 pt. Told the property owner about the buck. Owner will be planting a food plot and deer hunting late in the season he told us. Owner also told us about another family who claims to have a hog problem. Hope to call them to set up a time to meet.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yeah,I watched several bucks up N close to the tower. Tons of deer. Wonder it they will have any peanuts left to harvest ?? --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Just as soon as the fields dry up after this storm (possibly 7-10 days) the peanuts will start being turned over.
    We'll kill some hogs then. Coyotes also. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I really wish that we would get power back. Cool nights,good wind,nows the time to hunt. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    ADJUSTABLE IS THE KEY INGREDIANT.
    Gotta respray mine with silicone. It is gettin kinda sticky. Then practice your (the) intended shooting position.
    Never tried lefty so you will most likely have to slide right to use the stearing wheel as a rest. Your shoulder and arm MUST use the seat (top and back).
    If someone is riding with you,they cannot move AT ALL. It will be transmitted to your crosshairs.
    Just a trial and error thing. You come up with something better,let me know. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom