• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Offshorelivein

Dillweed
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    If not allowed please delete. i have a small wood working business in Pensacola called Dillweedscustomwood and i just got a laguna ex co2 laser looking to put her to work as much as i can. i charge by the time it takes to cutt out or engrave here are some things i have done so far. play area 36x51
    laser.jpg
    mag.jpg
    mag1.jpg
    mag2.jpg

Herf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    "The engraving or stamping (impressing) of the serial number must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch and in a print size no smaller than 1/16 inch. This is important when you are selecting an engraver for your NFA markings – many decorative engravers will not meet the BATFE depth requirement."

quote from a website about NFA engravings

Jeniva

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If not allowed please delete. i have a small wood working business in Pensacola called Dillweedscustomwood and i just got a laguna ex co2 laser looking to put her to work as much as i can. i charge by the time it takes to cutt out or engrave here are some things i have done so far. play area 36x51 View attachment 116424 View attachment 116425 View attachment 116426 View attachment 116427

BEAUTIFUL! Did you have to find a program code in order to program the image into the printer to engrave?

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Get some skin-on pork and give a whirl, then cook it up for a no-waste experiment.

As for the engraving, how does it handle curves in the surface? Does it not work at all once the depth changes, or does it compress/elongate the image depending on the contour?

Edit to add: I can see in the images of the mag-extension that it prints over those ridges, so I guess a curved piece would look "correct" from straight on and maybe "stretched" slightly from the side?

Latest posts

Top Bottom