• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is larue 2s mbt pretty much the same as a geissele?

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    They're always around $85 shipped from larue's website. The MBT2S is just about the same as the G2S and SSA. I'm running all three and they're pretty comparable. That's why I just buy the larue 2 stages now.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't like the feel of the trigger shoe on the Larue MBTs, it's very squared off as opposed to curved like Geissele and pretty much every other trigger out there. For a 1/2 price Geissele, the Centurion AST is much closer and better IMO than Larue. Only $10-15 more then Larue. I owned 2 MBT2 and sold them both off.

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't like the feel of the trigger shoe on the Larue MBTs, it's very squared off as opposed to curved like Geissele and pretty much every other trigger out there. For a 1/2 price Geissele, the Centurion AST is much closer and better IMO than Larue. Only $10-15 more then Larue. I owned 2 MBT2 and sold them both off.

I'm really not a trigger snob but I thought the mbt2s looked just like a geiselle. I may try this tho thanks for tip. I polished my milspec tonight to try tomorrow to see if I can just be satisfied with that. I need to practice more but ammo is expensive now

Arce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm a fan of the MBTs. They have a straight bow version now as well. I have several of each. Have not tried the Centurion but that does look nice as well. The Larue is widely recognized as a darn good trigger especially for the price. Geisseles are certainly fine triggers as well and many more options.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Personally, I like the MBT-2S. I have several of the curved versions and one of the straight. I have no quarms with either version whatsoever. I can remember when these triggers were selling for $250 originally. Mark LaRue did some major expansion, built a new facility for his CDC machining, simplified the manufacturing process, and was able to sell these triggers for much less (nearly 1/3rd the original price). They are solid triggers. If you have not tried the straight bow version, you must. Either version is worth buying and buying a couple more than you need at the time. I still have one curved version on my shelf. My last one went into my BRN-180 build.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Personally, I like the MBT-2S. I have several of the curved versions and one of the straight. I have no quarms with either version whatsoever. I can remember when these triggers were selling for $250 originally. Mark LaRue did some major expansion, built a new facility for his CDC machining, simplified the manufacturing process, and was able to sell these triggers for much less (nearly 1/3rd the original price). They are solid triggers. If you have not tried the straight bow version, you must. Either version is worth buying and buying a couple more than you need at the time. I still have one curved version on my shelf. My last one went into my BRN-180 build.

How do you like the BRN-180?

skipperbrown

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I bought a 2 stage Geissele for an AR several years ago for about $225. This year I acquired another AR and spent about $100 on the LaRue single stage flat blade after reading all the rave reviews. I guess I got a bad copy and wish I spent the extra $100 on another Geissele. The Geissele breaks crisply like a good trigger should but the LaRue has a lot of creep in it and feels mushy. I really don't understand the hype unless the buyers have never used a top notch trigger.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I have multiples of each. Mine sometimes vary a little in feel, and like many triggers can smooth out over time. But all have been MUCH better than standard triggers. My oldest SSA has been fired 18,969 rounds...it is Very smooth.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I bought a 2 stage Geissele for an AR several years ago for about $225. This year I acquired another AR and spent about $100 on the LaRue single stage flat blade after reading all the rave reviews. I guess I got a bad copy and wish I spent the extra $100 on another Geissele. The Geissele breaks crisply like a good trigger should but the LaRue has a lot of creep in it and feels mushy. I really don't understand the hype unless the buyers have never used a top notch trigger.

I have Geissele triggers (SSA and SSA-E) and I also have a KAC 2-stage. I will stack the MBT-2S against them any day of the week. I have never experienced any creep or mushiness in any MBT-2S I own. A lot of times, when I hear of complaints similar to yours about the MBT-2S, it is from guys who have not used them enough and base everything off the feel of a Geissele trigger. The MBT-2S triggers are smooth with a distinctive break and reset. I have never experienced anything otherwise. All in all, it is a "to each his own" decision. You cannot please everyone all of the time, but countless MBT-2S users are extremely pleased with them. I have been using the MBT-2S for many years like many others. I actually prefer it over my Geissele SSA-E.

B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I have several (More than 5) of both the SSA-E and the MBT. I can't tell the difference. I like the MBT more because of price.

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am going to put the mbt in my new rig and drop the milspec in the old one. I really want to try a quiet capture spring. I see they have knockoffs now. I don't shoot suppressed but my 7.62x39 AR twangs like crazy every trigger pull. Vibrates through my cheek. I love shooting cheap ammo tho. I built my 7.62x39 for $380. Cant see putting a 115 dollar spring in it cus it's a beater and was my first ar...def not my last. Just got a 556 upper and a 2nd lower so I'll switch the trigger and be satisfied for now

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did however buy a kaw valley forward muzzle device weeks ago but haven't put it on cus I read I could potentially twist barrel trying to get birdcage off and just haven't had the time to be delicate. I should be ok shooting 7.62x39 through a 30 cal muzzle device right? I'm seeing different things online if anyone knows I would appreciate a definite answer

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom